Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Smoked Paprika Tilapia with Ailoi

I know fish is not on many people's list of foods they will be making for Christmas dinner.... especially tilapia.  But, who knows, maybe this will spark something of a new tradition for someone looking for an unusual twist to the normal every day after Christmas dinner ideas.  OR, maybe your family is looking for something different for their Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve meal.  OR, just maybe you are planning dinner for yourself tonight and were thinking to yourself "man, I wish someone would post a simple and yet delicious fish recipe today".  Either way, this IS a simple fish recipe that is deliciously light and packed with a lot of flavor - definitely worth trying today, tomorrow, or even in the future.

Oh, and don't forget the sauce.....      as if you could :)

Smoked Paprika Tilapia with Ailoi
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 tilapia fillets
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
For the aioli -
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Drizzle the olive oil evenly over each piece of fish.  Mix together the smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Sprinkle evenly over both sides of each fillet.  Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish flakes evenly with a fork.

Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the ailoi, until well combined.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.  Can be made up to three days in advance.  Serve with baked fish and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Thick and Hearty Beer Cheese Soup
Two Years Ago:  Fish Sandwiches with Jalapeno Slaw

8 comments:

Mary said...

oh, Jenn, you crack me up. As if it would be possible to visit you for a recipe and then forget the sauce!

The tilapia looks delicious. I am not cooking any seafood this week, but I sure do have plans to eat more fish after the holidays. I'm saving this to try. Thanks!

Angie's Recipes said...

I like fish and plan to make some baked fish for the X'mas dinner ;-) Tilapia with ailoi sounds and looks fabulous!

StephenC said...

Somehow, tilapia Tootsie, you've let me lose sight of this fish. No more. I think I'll try coating some with tortilla crumbs.

Big Dude said...

Looks really good Jenn. We like to use smoked paprika in dishes.

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

This probably won't replace my Christmas Ham, BUT, I've got a big can of smoked paprika and I'm always looking for ways to use it.

Cranberry Morning said...

Looks delicious! But I don't want to make anything, so please just get it ready and deliver. Thank you!♥

Unknown said...

I believe eating fish on Christmas Eve is traditional in Italy. But please don't quote me on that.
This looks incredibly delicious Jenn and definitely packed with awesome flavours.

Pam said...

I would eat this for Christmas dinner or any dinner. It looks and sounds fantastic!