Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Short Break and A Very Merry Christmas

This has been a bit of a frantic year for me - a lot has happened, both good and bad, but nothing that was life threatening, so I call that a very good year.  I have to admit, though, I have worked myself into a bit of a burnout.  Luckily for me, we get the week between Christmas and New Year's off, so I'm going to take that time to relax and get my shit together. Unfortunately, that means taking a break from blogging too.  I really want to take the next week or so and just concentrate on getting myself back to where I need to be.  I REALLY want to take this time to find my joy for blogging again.  AND, I REALLY, REALLY want to cook whatever I want and not have to feel like I HAVE to snap a picture of it.....

I know you will all understand and I thank you in advance for that!  (I'd say that is one of the best Christmas gifts I could get this year!)

I hope you all have a magnificent holiday with lots of love and even more good food!

I'll be back at the start of the new year refreshed and ready to tackle the world again, until then, Happy Cooking!!!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Jenn


One Year Ago:  Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Two Years Ago:  Lemon Parmesan Sauce

10 comments:

Debbie said...

I understand completely! Have a great vacation and a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

we understand... i'm thinking myself of taking a week off... you enjoy the time to yourself and we'll be here for you when you come back x

Pam said...

Breaks are good! Sometimes it's so nice to cook old recipes and not worry about taking photos.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season Jenn!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, I have an abundance of empathy! It's funny - I have everyone so trained to wait 'til I take the pictures that when I don't do so, as has happened a couple of times in the past week or so, they're shocked. But sometimes, I just want to eat a meal like a normal person ... such a luxury! Have a WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, JOYOUS holiday!!!

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

You have a wonderful Holiday vacation Jenn. I always worry about some of my favorite bloggers who blog almost every single day. I worry that they'll get burnt out and completely stop. I've seen it happen. I hope your break finds you rejuvenated and we see you after the holidays.

Pam said...

Glad you're taking time off to get it all together, better than being burned-out blogging. And, oh the joy of cooking and not being burdened with the photo thing! Merry Christmas, my friend!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm sending Christmas wishes your way. Have a wonderful week and enjoy your time off. Merry Christmas! Hugs and Christmas blessings...Mary

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea! Enjoy the break - and maybe think about reducing your posting schedule just a bit so you can keep going. Just a thought - I can't imagine posting more often than I do, which is "just" once a week. But whatever you decide, we'll be right back here whenever you are!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your break Jenn. Happy holidays to you too. I hope all is well. We'll be here when you come back :) x

Anonymous said...

It's so important to take a break then come back to what you love! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and new year
Mary x