Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Birthday Wish

I wasn't planning on posting anything today... with all the extra hours I've been working over the last few months, my creativity in the kitchen has died down a bit, so my postings are a bit more sporadic.  Now it's not that I'm not cooking.... it's just that, well, I sat down to type out a post just now and I am soooooo not feeling it.

So, instead, today I'm going to do what I have done every year on this day and wish my lovely sister, Tracy, a very happy birthday!  I won't get into another sappy post about how wonderful she is, because that was done back in 2010.  But I will say this ...

My sister - my opposite and my mirror - I've laughed with her, I've cried with her, I've fought with her.  We've been friends and we have been foes, but through all the ups and all the downs, I wouldn't change her for the world.

Happy birthday, Tracy! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you, just know that I'm thinking of you and will toast you tonight over a nice glass of wine :)  Love and miss you bunches!!  xoxo

(Yep, that's right.. that's my sister trying to give me a can of Schlitz beer.. she was such a bad influence! lol)

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Cute picture! Schlitz beer.....I don't know if that is still around or not!

Yenta Mary said...

Happy, happy birthday!

StephenC said...

What? There wasn't any PBR?

Cranberry Morning said...

Haha love the photo! Happy Birthday to Tracy!

Rebecca said...

That picture is CLASSIC!! The look on your face is priceless!! Oh and to Debbie, Schlitz sure is still around - you can find it at a place called Schlitz and Giggles in Baton Rouge... and it is still as nasty as ever!! haha

-Rebecca

Big Dude said...

Great to have that kind of relationship as so many don't.

Unknown said...

a lovely tribute... our family is so important isn't it... full of love and anguish and fun!... I know what you mean about not being able to blog.. I'm still doing it but I'm finding that even as I write it's just not coming out as it should... very odd... x

Pam said...

Happy Birthday to your sis! I'm very jealous as I always wanted one and it sounds like you have one of the best!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm sending birthday wishes your sister's way. I hope she has a fabulous day and I hope that you are not working too hard. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

Chris said...

OMG that last picture is hilarious!

Lea Ann (Cooking on The Ranch) said...

Great post Jenn. Happy Birthday to your sister Tracy. Love that photo of her giving you the beer. Love the look on your face. Made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

So, your beer drinking days started early on? I think that's why your chicken wing soup has beer in it. Hmmmm...beer. Rube