Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Honey and Spiced Grilled Chicken

Happy Labor Day!!!
It's hard to believe that schools have all started back and today marks the end of summer for almost everyone.  We are still having temperatures in the high 90's to low 100's...so it's still very summer here and I don't mind it at all... I get to keep grilling!  Ok, ok, so I'm fortunate enough to live in a state where I can grill all year around very easily.  Oh sure, my family could grill all year around too, but they'd have to shovel a path in the snow to get to the grill!  (P.S...I'm still SOOO excited about getting my smoker..where the heck is it?  I've been patient for a whole entire week now!! lol  ok, ok...get a grip Jenn....)  The nice thing about this recipe, you don't HAVE to grill it.  This chicken can easily be baked or better yet, pan seared and finished off in the oven.

Oh, yes, I should talk about the chicken, shouldn't I?  Well, ok... so the chicken was delicious!  It had the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and sticky.  I bet it would be even better had I used skin-on chicken breasts.  The honey mixture would have just made that skin all crispy and good and yummy..... mmmmmmmmmm, yes, next time I will do it that way!  This one is definitely one you are going to want to try.

Honey and Spiced Grilled Chicken
Adapted from Food & Wine
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup honey
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the chicken.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag and pour 2 tablespoons of the glaze over it.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.  You can the other half of the glaze sitting at room temperature.

Preheat your grill to medium.  Oil the grates.  Place the chicken directly on the grates over the heat and grill for about 5-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, all the while, basting the chicken with the rest of the glaze.  Remove from grill and enjoy!


9 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Time flies...it seems just yesterday we celebrated summer and today I have already felt the atmosphere of autumn.
Grilled chicken looks delish!

StephenC said...

I had forgotten about the smoker! Doggone it I want to know what it's like to use it. Just replenished our supply of honey, so I'm going to figure out how to do your recipe on my stovetop grill. I worry that it will stick.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your chicken looks wonderful and is perfect for an early fall barbecue. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

I just love grilled chicken, and even though fall may be right around the corner, my grill probably won't turn off for another few months! This looks so tender and delicious, Jenn. I made a very similar grilled chicken the other night with a mango/avocado salsa that I'll be posting about soon. Anyway, thanks for sharing your recipe and keep up the great work on your blog!

Cheeseboy said...

Honey and chicken do make a remarkable combo, don't they? This sounds quite good.

Cranberry Morning said...

That does sound so good! I've decided that I'm not buying any chicken that has anything added, such as 15% solution, which seems to be almost everywhere!! So when I find just plain chicken, I'm making this recipe and grilling. Looks delicious!

I would raise my own chickens if I could get my German Shepherd to leave them alone.

Unknown said...

Jen, you seriously come up with the yummiest looking food ever!! I just ate and now I'm hungry again! :)

SnoWhite said...

We just purchased a grill this weekend -- we'll have to try this!

Chris said...

This looks like an excellent chicken marinade, Jenn!

I was hoping you'd have the smoker by Labor Day, have you had any further contact about when they are shipping it? I can't wait to see what you do with it.