Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mustard Roasted Potatoes

As I promised you yesterday, here is the recipe for the fantastic Mustard Roasted Potatoes that accompanied our Surf & Turf for Two on Saturday night.  As you might know by now, we eat a lot of potatoes... it's just the starch of choice in our house.  Not always the best thing, but we love them, so we eat them.... a lot!!  This recipe was fantastic and was a nice change to regular roasted potatoes.  The tangy flavor the Dijon gave them, just put them over the top in my book.  This will definitely be a side dish that shows it's face again on our dinner table!

Mustard Roasted Potatoes
Adapted from Epicurious.com
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
1 lbs ruby gold or baby red potatoes (I used 0.90lbs), cut into 1/2-3/4 inch wide wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray a rimmed baking sheet or metal baking dish with nonstick spray.  Whisk together the mustard, olive oil, butter, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to blend.  Add the potatoes and toss to coat.  Pour the potatoes in the baking sheet/dish, leaving any excess mustard mixture behind in the bowl.  Spread the potatoes into a single layer.  Roast potatoes for 20 minutes.  Rotate pan and continue to roast until the potatoes are crusty and browned on the outside and tender on the inside, turning occasionally, about 30-40 minutes longer.  Carefully remove from oven.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Honey Mustard Chicken

16 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, those look amazing!!! And they're kosher -- I have potatoes and mustard just waiting for them ... :) I'm thinking this will either accompany dinner tonight or, maybe, just BE dinner!

Unknown said...

Oh yum. I am a freak for mustard, especially dijon. This is going in my to-cook list, very close to the top. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Have a great day.

StephenC said...

I think potatoes are a great thing to eat a lot of. Nutritious and delicious! This I can make for Leslie and Jack later this week - and I will!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I'm in love with the crusty outside on these babies. It looks SO good!! Would have NEVER thought to put mustard on a potato however after seeing these photos now I wonder WHY I didn't before :)

Pam said...

Mmmm. Those look and sound sooo good.

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

What a wonderful flavor combination, Jenn! These look absolutely mouthwatering. In fact, I was planning on roasting potatoes tonight and I think I'll try this recipe! Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

I know how making my potatoes the next time I make them - these look fabulous!

Big Dude said...

I'm normally not a big fan of roasted potatoes, but these look fantastic.

Unknown said...

You eat so well, I am always jealous.

Cranberry Morning said...

Look fantastic! I linked to you in today's post because I used your recipe for the Surf 'n' Turf. The steak turned out SO delicious! Thanks, Jenn.

Now I'll have to try these potatoes. :-0)

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really are delicious. I hope you had a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

Yum! Your potatoes look great, Jenn!!! I love potatoes and dijon mustard too so this is a must try! Good and easy too!

Sarah-Jane - SiliconeMoulds.com said...

ooooh - I like this idea !

Chris said...

The crust on those taters look like they are packed with texture AND flavor. Yum!

Unknown said...

I made this today and they were utterly delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :)

Desi said...

Oh Jenn this is calling my name! I think this side will end up on a menu plan really soon! I never really know how long to cook potatoes in the oven to get them crisp but cooked through. Thanks for the great recipe!