Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Honey Hot Tilapia

I couldn't help myself. The first thing I used my newly acquired sauces on was a tilapia dish.  Like I said, I couldn't help myself.

Now most of you will not have any of Country Bob's sauces on hand...that's ok.  You can always experiment and substitute.  I suggest in the recipe to use some honey barbecue sauce and red pepper flakes, but you could use a steak sauce like A-1.  I could not guarantee it what the outcome would be...but that's why I say experiment ...it's what I did to come up with this. :)

I will claim that this recipe was fantastic!!  I mean really really really fantastic!  It was sweet and hot and savory and delicious.  DE-LICI-OUS to be exact!

By the way... I have only opened the one bottle of sauce so far from my winnings, but I can safely say...COUNTRY BOB'S ROCKS!  I highly recommend getting your hands on some of the sauce.....especially the Honey Habanero!!   (**The opinion stated here is just that - my opinion.  I was not compensated at all for my review...er...opinion**)

Honey Hot Tilapia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon Hoisin
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
3 Tablespoons Country Bob's Honey Habanero All Purpose Sauce (you could use a honey barbecue sauce with 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes as a substitute)
1 garlic clover, finely minced
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
4 Tilapia fillets

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the Tilapia.  Stir until combined and smooth.  Reserve 1 tablespoon of the sauce and set aside.  Place the fish in a shallow dish and pour the remaining sauce over the tilapia, covering all sides.  Cover and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.  Remove the fish from the dish and place in prepared baking dish.  Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of sauce over the fish.  Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Bonus: Super Bowl Count Down Extra!!

5 comments:

angicoock said...

UN piatto veramente invitante. Foto bellissima
Buona giornata

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really looks wonderful and I know I would enjoy it. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

I love Country Bob's sauces... the tilapia looks really delicious.

Unknown said...

Love it, the slathering of sauce is delish looking

Big Dude said...

I knew you couldn't stay away from fish much longer - it looks very good.