Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Something I MUST share with you...

So you might remember me saying that we really don't celebrate Valentine's day at our house.  Chris is not a big fan of the "Hallmark holiday", which is perfectly fine by me.  I, personally, think you should show/tell the person you care about how much you love and appreciate them everyday.  BUT...despite what he told me, despite what he said to others, despite his better judgment even... he ended up bringing home a dozen pink roses for me:



Awwhhh... are they not just absolutely gorgeous?  Seriously, he could have let the day go by with nothing, it would not have been a big deal to me, but instead...my baby thought to himself:  "hmmmmm...maybe it's not about the holiday, maybe it should just be about doing something nice for Jenn."

Well, there you have it... lesson learned:  Even the most cynical man towards Valentine's day can surprise you!!

9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

But he also stood true to his principles, which I admire! He didn't support Hallmark - he supported YOU. Those flowers are gorgeous!!!! Is there a woman on earth who wouldn't rather have flowers than almost anything else?? Lovely! Kudos to Chris.

StephenC said...

I'm a romantic at heart. We, too, think of Valentine's as a "Hallmark holiday." However, there's a lot to be said for a guy who brings you such absolutely gorgeous flowers. Rock on, Chris.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I LOVE this! I too think there's too much hype/pressure around the holiday and am always relieved when other people admit feeling the same. But still - a dozen pink roses?!? Yes please!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

LIke you I could care less about Valentines day. But when my hubby DOES get me something, I get giddy like a school girl :) Good for you Jenn and awesome job Chris!!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, those are SO, SO gorgeous!!! What an extraordinarily lovely surprise ... :)

Chef Dennis Littley said...

congratulations on having such a caring wonderful guy! Sometimes it is just showing someone how much you really care.
Cheers
Dennis

Cheeseboy said...

He COULD have. But we men know better.

Rivki Locker said...

Awww! So sweet. And beautiful roses too! You lucky girl!

Chris said...

I get a pass for Valentine's Day because our anniversary is later in that week. I swear I didn't plan it that way.....okay, maybe a bit;)