Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chicken Capellini Capricciosi

 
I found this extraordinary little gem one day while browsing through the archives of One Perfect Bite.  What I learned: sometimes it's good to spend a little time browsing through past recipes of your favorite blogs....you'll never know what you might find!

Let's be honest - I could be easily bought with bacon.  Toss it with some pasta and.. well.. I dare not say the things I would do as my boyfriend and my mother read my blog.  Let's just say: Bacon + Pasta = HAP*HAP*HAPPY Jenn!!  And who knew that adding peperoncini to that mix would elevate it even further in my book??

I would fight you for this dish.  Sorry, but if it were you and me and big bowl/plate of this.... you would witness a force more powerful then Zeus himself!

I'm just sayin'   ......   it's THAT good.

Ok, so this is a bit like our favorite Bacon & Tomato Pasta, but honestly, the addition of the peperoncini really gave it that "something" special to set it apart.  I wish I was a little more articulate tonight so that I could explain it better .... but believe me... it's AMAZING!

Chicken Capellini Capricciosi
Adapted from One Perfect Bite
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
6 slices of bacon, diced
1 large clove or two small cloves of garlic, minced
12 peperoncini, drained, seeded and chopped
1 14.5oz can whole, peeled tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 large chicken breast, cooked and cut into small chunks
10oz angel hair pasta
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons freshly chopped parsley

Directions:
In a large deep skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned and crispy, about 8 minutes.  Add the peperoncini and saute for 1 minute.  Add the garlic and saute 1 more minute.  Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook for 8 minutes.  (I added just a splash of red wine to the sauce too)  Add the chicken in the final 5 minutes.

While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to package directions.  Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.  Add the pasta and the olive oil to the sauce and toss to combine.  If the pasta is too dry, add the reserved pasta water (a little at a time).  Add the parmesan cheese, tossing to combine. Top with parsley and.... Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Birthday Weekend Part Three - Spicy Mac & Cheese with Chorizo

16 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

O ... M ... G!!! My breakfast oatmeal is looking so, so pitiful right now compared to this ... :)

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

OH yeah, I'd like a big bowl of that for breakfast!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

Jenn, you really convinced me here and I have no doubt this is delicious. You had me at bacon. You know my weakness: long island iced tea; and now I know yours: bacon, though I'd take bacon anytime too... :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Jenn, this pasta dish looks wonderfully delicious and light.

Unknown said...

I love Mary's site and you're right on about browsing through blogs and revisiting old posts - there's so much great stuff out there!

This looks awesome!!!!!!

StephenC said...

Awesome just barely describes how good this sounds and looks.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

My sister would fight you for this dish I'm quite sure :) She LOVES pepperoncini! It looks really good, hearty, colorful and full of delightful flavor! YUM I want some of this for breakfast, too :)

SnoWhite said...

Looks delicious! Bacon + pasta is high on my list too :)

Big Dude said...

It looks delicious Jenn. Lots of gems on Mary's blog.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the pasta. It is another gift from Lidia Bastianich to the food world. Thanks so much for the link. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Roxan said...

Mmm. this pasta looks so good! I don't really eat that much bacon anymore, although I do love it, so this is a perfect dish to eat it in. There isn't TOO much bacon in there, just the right amount for flavor.

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Oh, my. Jenn, this meal looks so delicious and decadent, and best of all full o' carbs, hah! What a meal, and so incredibly easy. Thanks for sharing! I hope you're having a good week.

Unknown said...

sounds terrific, looks terrific, my hubby would love

Cranberry Morning said...

This looks so good, and I even had pasta for lunch. My husband would LOVE the addition of bacon. He's a bacon fanatic! I want to curl up in front of the fire with a big bowl of this...just before getting on the treadmill for 4 hours. LOL Looks so delicious, Jenn!

Chris said...

I think I could take you in a fight for this! Excellent ingredients, colors, and execution.

Deseree said...

Oh Lordy. I agree bacon and pasta is probably one of my favorite combos ever. I never would have thought to add the pepperoncini even though they are right up there as one of my favorite things to snack on. Yeah I'm a little weird like that.
Thanks for sharing Jen!