Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lemon Sage Chicken

Simple, savory, and delicious.  Need I say more?  I'm hoping not, because honestly, I don't know what else to say about it.....  Well, except that I included a lemon sage aioli, which just made the chicken that much better!!

I seem to be short on words lately, and I apologize for that... once we finally get moved and I get settled into a new kitchen and a new routine, I know that will change... so hang in there with me for just a bit longer :)

***There is still a chance to enter to win a free 17oz bottle of Bertolli extra virgin olive oil.  Click here for details.  Giveaway ends 11pm Wednesday, November 9th, so hurry!!***

Lemon Sage Chicken
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
zest of 1 lemon (about 1/2-1 Tablespoons)
juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the lemon sage aioli -
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried sage

Directions:
Mix together the lemon juice, zest, oil, garlic, honey, sage, salt and pepper until combined.  Rinse the chicken and pat dry.  Place in a resealable bag and pour the mixture over it.  Massage it to coat the chicken, seal the bag, and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients of the aioli until well combined.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil grill grates.  Remove the chicken from the marinade and place directly over the fire.  Grill 8-10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F.)  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 4 minutes.  Serve with aioli.  Enjoy! 

One Year Ago:  Tequila Lime Chicken

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Simple and perfect! I'm starting my diet today so stuff like this is perfect for me x

Big Dude said...

I'm becoming more of a fan of lemon sauces - especially now that I hear the health benefits.

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, this must be so beautifully fragrant in addition to being fabulously delicious!

StephenC said...

Lemon, sage. Who can complain about that?

Cranberry Morning said...

Looks wonderful, especially with those green beans! Do you ever use fresh sage? My sage plant is still doing great, much to my surprise!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I can't believe you're blogging at all in the middle of a move! You're super woman! And blogging a scrumptious original recipe at that. This sounds AMAZING! Good luck with the move!!

Unknown said...

Simply delicious Jenn. Sage is definitely the herbs of the season. Good luck with the moving. Hope all goes well to plan.

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oh how gorgeous Jenn!

Candace said...

Lemon and sage is a fantastic combination for chicken. That looks fantastic, Jenn!

Chris said...

This looks great, especially with the aioli. I should make that as I never use enough of the sage in our garden.