Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Grilled (or Baked) Fish with Remoulade

I've posted different Remoulade recipes here before, but you know me, I never think you can have too many sauce recipes!  I just figured, if I changed it up a bit, it would be worth posting all over again... right?  :)  Either way, here is another delicious sauce recipe for you to enjoy!  As for the fish... do what you wish with it.  I grilled them in foil packets with a simple salt, pepper, paprika seasoning.  If you want to bake them or pan sear them, go for it.  Whichever way you choose... it will all go well with the sauce!

Grilled (or Baked) Fish with Remoulade
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used chili garlic Cholula)
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped or minced
4 tilapia fillets
lemon juice
salt, pepper, paprika to taste

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, vinegar, paprika, cayenne, salt, and chives until well combined.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

To grill fish:  Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.  Place one piece of fish each on a piece of aluminum foil.  Drizzle on lemon juice and season each piece with salt, pepper, and paprika.  Fold the edges of the foil together to create a packet.  Place directly over the fire and cover.  Grill for 12 minutes, turning half way through.  Carefully remove from the grill and foil packet.  Serve with remoulade.  Enjoy!

To bake fish:  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Place the fish in the dish and drizzle with lemon juice.  Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.  Bake, uncovered, for 14-15 minutes, turning baking dish halfway through.  Serve with remoulade.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Simple Chicken Stir Fry

8 comments:

StephenC said...

I can spell remoulade, but can I use it in a sentence? It's only 8:30 am and your pic has made me hungry.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

The sauce queen strikes again! Looks good, I like the chives in this one. Their oniony bite is always so tasty :) And I dig the hot sauce in this too. Hmmm...a mayo based sauce that I might actually like! I think I need to try it!! :)

Cranberry Morning said...

What an exotic sounding name! I hope I'm pronouncing it correctly. Does the last syllable rhyme with 'Todd'? Looks good, Jenn!

Yenta Mary said...

Sauces make even old stand-bys look new again - an ideal accompaniment!

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful, I always love your meals. You eat very well.

Pam said...

Another tasty sauce I need to try. The fish looks amazing too.

Desi said...

Love your sauces!!! Always.

Cranberry Morning said...

So it WAS you, Jenn. :-) I wasn't totally sure, but thought so. Thank you so much! - Judy