Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tequila Lime Chicken

What's not to love about this chicken?  It's simple...it's delicious...it's... it's.... well, it's TEQUILA LIME CHICKEN!!!  It's like a margarita but savory..and, well, chicken!  Anyway, I think you can see where I'm going with this... It's damn good and you gotta try it!

I was going through some of my older posts the other day and I ran across this one for Tequila Garlic Lime Steaks.  I was reminded at how good it was.  And THEN, I ran across this recipe for Garlic Lime Chicken.  And THEN an idea was born....an idea to mix the two and make a simple and delicious meal that would be ready in no time with very little preparation!!  It turned out just like I wanted it to.  It was wonderfully tangy and flavorful.  The tequila flavor was not overpowering at all and, of course, worked extremely well with the lime.  This is the perfect recipe to try on a week night.  I got home, put the marinade together in about 5 minutes.  I let the chicken marinate for 1 hour.  I heated up the grill, slapped those babies on, and voila....15 minutes later we were sitting down to eat.  Even if you didn't want to use your grill....baking at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes will still be a simple way to put a good tasty meal on the table!

Tequila Lime Chicken
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Tequila
2 Tablespoons olive oil
juice of 3 limes
2 garlic cloves, crushed and than minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients until well blended.  Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over it.  Seal bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.  Rub oil on the grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and place directly over the fire.  Grill 5-8 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness) or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  Enjoy!




6 comments:

Chris said...

This looks fantastic Jenn and it reminds me I haven't made tequila lime chicken in forever! When I have the extra time I like to fry up thin strips of multi colored tortillas as a crispy garnish too.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh man I love lime and chicken!!! I can only imagine that adding tequila would make it amazing :) Looks delicious, love the ease of prep and the overall quickness. Sounds like someone (aka ME) needs to go to the liquor store & get some tequila, for cooking you know :)

StephenC said...

Many years ago I had a favorite bar tender in Central City (where I was conducting for the opera at the time) who would see me coming and present me with a shot of tequila, a slice of lime, salt and a Coors before I even had a chance to sit down. It was always on the house. So I know from tequila. Unfortunately we don't have any in the house at the moment. But maybe soon.

Unknown said...

What no to like?! Chicken, lime and tequila. yum. especially the tequila (and lime) for me... hehe. :)

megan said...

The combination of tequila and lime sounds wonderful :) This isn't your ordinary chicken!

Cheeseboy said...

I'll eat anything with tequila in it.