Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chicken Nacho Bake

This is something I made back before I started my blog and I have not made it since.  Now that I have had it again, I wonder why it took me so long to make it??  Ok, it MIGHT be the fact that it's not the healthiest meal I could make.  It COULD be the fact that I haven't wanted to actually run my oven until just about a month ago.  Then again, it's PROBABLY that there are so many recipes out there that I want to try that good dishes are actually forgotten.  Whatever the case, I'm glad I ran across this recipe and tried it out again.  It's simple to throw together and it's delicious.  The cheesy, crispy topping, just lends itself so well to the chicken.  It's comfort food in minutes....how bad can that be, right??

Chicken Nacho Bake
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons taco seasoning (click here for a homemade version)
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (I used Doritos)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.  Place the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish.

In a small bowl, mix together the taco seasoning and sour cream.  Spread the mixture evenly over each piece of chicken.  Top with tortilla chips and cheese.

Bake for 20-30 or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F).  Enjoy!

12 comments:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Yummmmmmy!!! That is all kinds of good!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Yenta Mary said...

Sometimes you just have to completely disregard nutritional value and simply feed your soul ... :) That looks so amazing!!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Mmmm that sounds so good! Doritos and cheese on a piece of chicken, yeah I'll take that! Sometimes healthy food is overrated LOL!

Wayne hoxie said...

Chicken is very good for you and cancels out the other stuff. I think i will view this as health food. Looks delicious....

Cranberry Morning said...

Looks delicious. I'll have to substitute for the Doritos, but I'd sure love to have that homemade version of taco seasoning. This has got to taste fantastic!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

This looks delicious, Jen! You always have such great dinner ideas. I want to make everything you make! Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

Mmmmm. It sounds great!

StephenC said...

This weekend I get to play around (in the kitchen only) while Peter goes out of town. I could see having nachos to snack on. I'm thinking chorizo. I'm with you - I get so excited about many recipes our cook-o-holic friends produce. It's overwhelming.

Angie's Recipes said...

Delish! I love its cheesy and crunchy coating.

Unknown said...

Oh man, major craving!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

how could you not love that wonderful nacho bake!!
In fact you have me so hungry right now, a bag of corn chips will have to do...sigh

Chris said...

Delicious sounding and looking recipe, Jenn! I bet Chris loved it.