Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Baked Tilapia with Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce

I know that Thanksgiving is this week, and I apologize for not posting anything relating to the holiday.  It's just that, well, I don't make Thanksgiving dinner until Thanksgiving, so I don't have any recipes or pictures to share with you until after the fact.  (At least I'll have material for you next year!!)  So if you are looking for ideas for your Thanksgiving meal, you may have come to the wrong blog...BUT...if you are just looking for tasty recipes to help you get through the rest of the year...then welcome...and, oh boy, do I have a recipe for you today!

The sauce girl is back!!!  Did you miss me while I was away?  Well, never fear, I am back and I am sharing one of the simplest sauce recipes ever.  Not only is it simple, but it is delicious...what more could you ask for in a sauce, right???  AND not only is the sauce simple, but the fish is too.  Honestly, this meal is ready, from start to finish, in 20 minutes or less...the perfect week night meal for sure!  And, for those of you that are not fish eaters, this would work well with chicken too :)  Enjoy!

Baked Tilapia with Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 Tilapia fillets
lemon pepper seasoning
2 Tablespoons cream cheese
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.  Rinse the fish and pat dry.  Season both sides with lemon pepper seasoning.  Place in the prepared baking dish and place in the oven.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating dish half way through, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

While the fish is baking, place the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.  Microwave on low for about 20 seconds.  Stir until smooth.  If the cream cheese is not melted enough, keep putting it back in the microwave for 5 -10 seconds at a time, until the cheese blends smoothly with the other ingredients.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Serve over fish or on the side.

12 comments:

Big Dude said...

Since I like fish and I like dill sauce, I'm sure I'd love this and it is simple, which I also like. Don't worry about Thansgiving recipes, there are plenty being offered up.

Debbie said...

Sounds delicious Jenn. I usually don't have any recipes either until after Thanksgiving either. I have 2 things I want to make before so I may be able to post beforehand...but it's usually after the holiday that I end up posting the recipes!!!

Angie's Recipes said...

wow Jenn, could I join you for the dinner? The baked tilapia looks so yummy with creamy herbal sauce!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds wonderful, but then all your fish recipes are ahead of the pack. The sauce sounds to die for. I hope you've had a great day. Blessings...Mary

StephenC said...

I confess I enjoyed my fried tilapia too, too much on Saturday night. Next time I'll be more healthy, like you did here.

Pam said...

The tilapia looks great and the dill sauce sounds amazing.

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

I know exactly what you mean about the Thanksgiving recipes! How is everyone already posting about stuffing and rolls and berry pies?! Well, you and I are rebellious I guess. This tilapia looks wonderful, but while it's quite right for Thanksgiving, it will be delicious for dinner sometime soon! ;) Thanks for sharing, Jen!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I always know where to go when I want some yummy tilapia recipes! Delicious and super affordable. Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Looks so scrumptious and summery, I love it.

Cranberry Morning said...

Love your sauce recipe, and I can actually EAT IT!! That's why I like making things 'from scratch.' We can have real food like this, rather than packaged stuff with 100 different poisonous ingredients. Thanks, Jenn!

Desi said...

Definitely a must try :) I am always looking for good fish recipes because I don't eat enough fish... so thanks!

Desi said...

I made this and posted about it and just wanted you to know! Check out my post!

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/05/baked-tilapia-with-creamy-lemon-dill.html

Happy Memorial Day weekend!