I am going to cheat though... yea, you probably knew that didn't you? If you've read my blog long enough you will know that I never quite follow the rules when I am tagged or win an award... I'm a rebel like that! What I am going to do is answer the first 4 questions from each blogger, that way I'll have answered their questions, but not written out a post that has 16 things you may not have even wanted to know about me :)
So on with the first 4 that Jennifurla at Indigo's Sugar Spectrum asked:
1. If you could eat anything without any health repercussions or guilt, what would your meal be? Oh, that's an easy one....homemade southern deep fried chicken, mac & cheese, shoe string fries, coleslaw...and for dessert - deep fried cheesecake...mmmmmmm!!!
2. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why? I would want to meet both my grandfathers (ok, maybe that's cheating by saying two people, but still, I couldn't want to meet one and not the other, that would just be wrong!). Both men died before I was born...both man were amazing men that I would have loved to have spent time with....even if just for a day.
3. Why did you start blogging and what did you expect when you started? I expected nothing...actually, I expected that within 6 months I would have given it up. Honestly, I started blogging because I needed a project...you know when you just feel that need to do SOMETHING...well, blogging was my something.
4. What is the one book you could read over and over again? That's just not fair! I love so many books and have re-read so many of them, it feels so wrong to just pick one. How about I narrow it down to the one book I have read the most throughout my whole life....yes, that should do....that book is To Kill a Mockingbird. The first time I read it was in 8th grade. I have read it at least once to two times every 5 years since than. Fantastic book!
(That's me with my mom and dad)
Now for the first 4 questions from Spoon and Chopsticks:
1. Who do you like to cook with in your family? My mom, though we rarely get to cook together as I live in AZ and she's in the good ol' Husker state..but when we've cooked together, it's always been fun.
2. What are your 5 favorite spices that you can't live without? Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, garlic powder, paprika.
3. Which is the vegetable you can't live without? Easy...Zucchini :)
4. What is the most unusual food you have eaten? I think that would have to be ostrich...I'm not all that adventurous when it comes to food...certain things scare me... I think ostrich is sort of an unusual thing... it's not usually on our table, that's for sure!! lol
So that's 8 little tid bits about me....now the game is that you tag 8 more bloggers and ask them 8 more questions..BUT..rule breaker that I am, I'm not going to do it....instead, I'm going to ask you ALL just one little question...if you answer it, great, if not, that's great too!
The question: If you could go anywhere in the world and be trained in how to cook that regions cuisine by some of the top chefs and/or home cooks, where would it be?