Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Ranch Chicken Pizza (Grilled)

Ranch.... Chicken... Pizza....???  What's not to love here???  I got the basic idea for this pizza from a recipe I saw on Annie's Eats.  I love Annie's site.  She is an incredible baker, an amazing cookie designer, and an awesome cook!  I have not been disappointed of anything that I have made of hers.

So this was my test pizza night.  I wanted to finally use the dough ball I had in my freezer from the batch I made back in September.  I was a tiny bit frustrated because that it was not as easy to work with this time around.  I knew it wouldn't be the same, but it was still a bit disappointing...despite that, the crust still ended up being fantastic!  Just as good as the first part of the batch.  I may have stretched it a bit too thin so it made a thinner crust pizza this time, but the flavor was still there and I impressed that I could just pull it out of the freezer and in a while have homemade pizza...without all the work!!

Ranch Chicken Pizza (Grilled)
Inspired by Annie's Eats
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
salt and pepper
olive oil
1-2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or however much you need to cover your pizza)
1 roasted pepper (any color), diced
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 Tablespoons ranch dressing
1/2 Tablespoon sour cream (or you can use more ranch)
1/4 - 1/2 cup pizza sauce (depends on how much sauce you like really)
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (depends on how cheesy you want it)
pizza dough ball

Directions:
Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Rub a little olive oil on the chicken breast and then season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 5-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.  Remove and allow to cool.  Once cooled, dice or cube or cut into thin strips.  Place the cut chicken into a bowl and add the ranch dressing and sour cream.  Stir to coat chicken; set aside.

Roll out dough and brush both sides with olive oil.  Place the dough directly on the grill or on a piece of aluminum foil on the grill.  Grill until one side is golden brown, about 5 minutes.  Remove from grill and flip over.  Top with pizza sauce.  Add the chicken, pepper, green onion, and cheese.  Place back on grill for another 5-8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.

To Bake:  Preheat oven to 450-500 degrees.  Shape your dough and then add the sauce, chicken, peppers, green onions, and cheese.  Bake 10-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.  If you have a pizza stone, this would be the perfect time to use it.  Let the stone heat in the oven for about 20 minutes, then place the pizza on it..bake about 10-12 minutes.



10 comments:

Big Dude said...

We pretty well grill all pizza around here and just love them that way. Yours looks super good and the recipe is a keeper.

Cranberry Morning said...

I love using chicken on pizza, and grilling it really appeals to me. Must be delicious!

Angie's Recipes said...

Jenn, that's a seriously delicious looking pizza! I love how colourful it looks!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Its so pretty!! Great colors :) Ranch chicken pizza sounds delicious - must make! And how awesome that the frozen dough tasted as good as the fresh, good to know my friend!!

StephenC said...

Gosh, I keep wanting to try grilling pizza. I'd have to do it on my stovetop grill, but that should work, right? We have a dough ball in the freezer and I might experiment with it when I am alone for two days this weekend.

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Sadly, my husband and I chucked our grill after it had given us a good run, so we can't grill pizza anymore, but thanks for adapting this recipe to be baked, too! This pizza looks absolutely delicious, Jenn.

Unknown said...

I am loving all of your recipes, love pizza

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, that just looks entirely too good for me to be gawking at it several hours after lunch and several hours 'til dinner!

Karen said...

What a yummy pizza! I'm one of those ranch-goes-with-anything kind of people and this sounds fantastic! Good to know the pizza dough still bakes up great after freezing too.

Chris said...

I have two doughs in the freezer, leftover smoked chicken and everything I need to make this (except bell pepper, I can get that on the way home) for dinner tomorrow night. Can't wait to try it!