Wednesday evening I was checking out a few blogs before I turned off my computer and I happened upon the Food Floozie's site. She had been tagged by a fellow blogger and had to answer 8 questions. They were good questions too, with great answers. (click here to read them all.) As I got to the bottom of her post, she asks 8 other bloggers 8 new questions...and guess what? I was one of them. I thought to myself, "I wonder if I can pretend I didn't visit her site???" lol Seriously, though, I'm happy to answer any questions she throws my way...even if it means not posting a recipe today :)
Here are my instructions: I get to answer the 8 questions that Mary has asked me. Then I pick 8 unsuspecting friends and ambush them with 8 questions of my own ... I know, I know, it seems unfair, but hey, that's life... plus, it's all in fun, right? So here are the questions Mary has asked:
1. What item of yours has the most sentimental value, and why?
2. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
When Jack Nickleson said to me "You make me want to be a better man"....oh, no wait.. he actually said that to Helen Hunt... sorry, my bad!! hehehe Seriously, though, anyone who knows me really well, knows that I don't take compliments very well. There was a point in my life where I did not feel like I deserved them at all and would fumble out some excuse why I really should not have been complimented in the first place. It's been only recently that I can sit back and bask in the glory of a good compliment....so this is a hard question for me to answer... To me, the best compliments I receive are from my loyal readers every day....maybe that's a cheesy way to answer but hey, I like cheese... mmmmmmm....cheese!!!!
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
First I think I wanted to be a truck driver, then I think I wanted to be Olivia Newton John, but there was a point where I wanted to actually be a physical therapist.... I guess what I'm saying is I'm still not quite sure what I want to be when I grow up!!
4. Do you love or loathe family get-togethers?
I love love love them. I don't care how crazy things can get...it's my family and I love them all. I think living so far away has made me realize just how important being together really is.
5. What is your favorite breakfast?
A big warm homemade cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing...oh, and don't forget the coffee with flavored cream, preferably cinnamon bun...hehehe!!!
6. Where were you born?
Essex County, New Jersey...that's right....I was a Jersey girl for about 6 months :) My parents were both raised in NJ. They were actually neighbors when they were little kids. My dad has home video that his parents took when he was a kid....and there's my mom! lol
7. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween. I love it. I've loved it since I was a kid, I love it still. This is a the first year in a long time that I have lived in a house where kids come and trick-or-treat. I love seeing what kids dress up as. I was a bit disturbed by the amount of teenagers that were doing it though. Oh well, I'd do it too if I knew I could get away with it!! I never considered it a spooky day, just a fun day where you get to dress up and beg for candy, what kid wouldn't love that???
8. What are you going to do for yourself today to make yourself happy?
Simple: Eat a piece of chocolate!
Now, for my questions (this was a lot easier to come up with then the answers! lol):
1. If you could be someone/anyone for 1 day, who would it be and why?
2. Who or what inspires you the most?
2. Who or what inspires you the most?
3. If you had only one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. What is the first thing you notice about people when you meet them?
6. What is your favorite season and why?
7. If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
8. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
Now, the poor unsuspecting bloggers....sorry, y'all, but life stinks and then you get tagged :)