Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Grilled Parmesan Chicken

(Day 2 of the "have you ever" posts.....)  Have you ever had "that" feeling before?  You know, that feeling that something just isn't going to go right with a recipe you are trying out.  That feeling of, "this is going to stick like hell to the grill grates and I'm gonna have a mess on my hands"....??  Ever have THAT feeling?  Well, I have had that feeling and that feeling was solidified by the actual mess that I did end up having on my hands.  It wasn't unmanageable, mind you, it was just a mess.  Let me explain.  I saw this recipe in one of my cookbooks quite awhile ago.  I'm trying hard to actually pull out at least one or two recipes from my cookbooks each week, so I figured I'd try something out of Mark Bittman's, How to Cook Everything.  This one was the first recipe that caught my eye when I first went through the book.  As I was mixing everything together I realized....this is going to make a mess on the grill....I must keep an eye on it...cannot have flare ups...will ruin dinner... 

Despite the slight mess it did make on my grill, this chicken was outstanding!  I think that the lemon flavor actually came out more then the parmesan, but it was not disappointing at all.  I actually doubled the recipe and saved half of it to use as a dipping sauce (mmmmmmmmm...sauce!!!) ....it just gave it that much more of a wonderful parmesan flavor.


Grilled Parmesan Chicken
Adapted from Mark Bittman's, How to Cook Everything
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 

Directions:
Mix together the mayo, lemon juice, parmesan, and pepper.  Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and cover both sides with mayo mixture.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.

Preheat grill to medium.  Rub oil on grates.  Place chicken directly over the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, turning only once.  Be sure to keep an eye on this, it can flare up quickly, due to the fat in the mayonnaise.  Enjoy!

11 comments:

SnoWhite said...

that looks really good, Jenn.

Yenta Mary said...

That looks so, so good! And I'm so, so hungry after not eating breakfast ... :(

Angie's Recipes said...

I love parmesan anything! The chicken looks so good!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Parmesan and lemon are delicious together! I'd have been freaking out to grill mayo and cheese??? I mean hello, its a flare up waiting to happen LOL!! It looks amazing! I know 3 people who would love this one, me, hubby & kid :) Even with the dreaded mayo! LOL

StephenC said...

What's life without a little mess from time to time? All's well that ends well. And this clearly ended well.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds and looks wonderful, Jenn. I'll wager it is a delicious keeper. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Chef Dennis Littley said...

now that is a perfectly seasoned chicken breast, the lemon and Parmesan with a little black pepper, simple and delicious...I bet it was sooo good!

Cheeseboy said...

I think you should do a post on how to clean your grill.

This looks great.

Jean at The Delightful Repast said...

Just 5 ingredients, but wow! And they just happen to be 5 of my favorites. I hate it when foods make a mess of the grill or pan, but sometimes the tastiest things are the messiest.

Cranberry Morning said...

Looks amazing! My favorite chicken and GRILLED, no less! wonderful. :-)

Chris said...

Nothing ever sticks to my grates. Nope. Refuse to admit it.

and the sky is green.