Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our Trip to Oklahoma

Finally, as promised...The Trip!!!!
First off, I must talk about food....I mean that's what we are all here for, right?  The first night we arrived, we had burgers - wonderfully seasoned and nicely shaped, thanks to Jenifer (Chris's sister-in-law)...simple enough :)  Wednesday night we had some amazing sausage lasagna - (huge) thanks to Kathy (Chris's step-mom) for that task! I could just kick myself for not getting a picture of it!!!  Grrrrr...  Saturday, we were treated to dinner (thank you Ed (Chris's dad) and Kathy!) at a quaint little bbq place called "My Place BBQ".  Their ribs were to die for!  Saturday morning, Jenifer made us a fabulous breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon....and let's not forget the lemon bread she made AND the raspberry coffee cake she made.  Maybe she'll do a guest post for me one of these days :)  

And Friday night...Well, Friday night, Eddie (Chris's older brother) made these:

 
TERRIFIC MAN TACOS!!!!!

Yes, that's right... Terrific Man Tacos...and they truly were terrific!!!  Can you believe that those are corn tortillas AND that he did them on the GRILL???  That's right, I said GRILLED these tacos.  Now, I'm not sharing the recipe with you...not at this time anyway :)  I have been given the go ahead to create my own version of these bad boys....so give me a little time, my loyal readers and I will bless you with my best rendition of these tasty little treats!

Now, I must speak of the Inaugural Canterbury Grand Prix at Pistol Point Circuit!!  That's right, the first of many go-kart contests between brothers.  Who knows, maybe some day it will be more then just a go-kart???  Maybe you'll see these brothers riding along side the greats, like Jimmie Johnson or Dale Earnhardt Jr., or dare I say, Jeff Gordon??  lol  Ok, ok, so that's probably not where this will end up, but the point is, they had fun AND no one was seriously injured!

 
Here's Jason...he's the one that put this whole thing together.  Jason is the biggest race fan I have ever met.  He even created rules.... I mean you must have rules, right??


Here's the whole gang....from left to right - 
Eddie, Chris, Jason, Vincent, Josh, and Ed:
I think I can safely say that everyone had a fantastic time......

 
Everyone... :)

But in the end, there could be only one winner, and you'll never believe who it was....


That's right... my baby was CHAMPION!!!!  WOOT WOOT!!!

  
We played a lot, laughed a lot, drank a lot, ate a lot...we even dropped the keys to the boat in the lake AND got stopped by lake patrol....I would say that it was a successful vacation for sure!
(Sorry I don't have any recipes for you today...but don't worry, tomorrow I'll be back with something simple and delicious, cause that's how I roll, baby!!!!)

9 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

And a fabulous time was had by all! Great photos ... and I'm going to be counting not just the minutes but the milliseconds until there's a recipe for those tacos ... OMG!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Sounds like you all had a great time - so now it's time to let us know about those grilled tacos. YUM!!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Looks like a blast. Love the man tacos.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

What fun!! The tshirts are awesome, nice job Chris! And congrats on the win, woo hoo!!! All the food sounds incredible, great food on vacation is the best. Those tacos, oh my, those tacos, I'm gonna have to work on my own version of these too. YUM! Looks like you all had a fun filled time in OK :)

gracelandwest said...

I would have beaten all of those Canterbury boys in the go-kart race.

© said...

@ gracelandwest ...yeah that's what all the losers said. Sucka!

The CHAMP has spoken!

StephenC said...

Thanks for sharing. I have no immediate family (other than Peter's) and it's nice to hear what a wonderful time one can have.

Cheeseboy said...

How very cool. I want to race one of those. It looks like a blast.

Man Tacos: MMMMM! Never thought to grill them.

The raspberry coffee cake sounds good too.

Anonymous said...

Chris I actually won that night cause everyone loved the " Manly Tacos " so much . Just dawned on me , that was the first time I ever did them on a charcoal grill . Works great cause you need hi heat and you have to move quick . The mango salsa makes my dish , cant wait to see what others do with it .