Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sweet Balsamic Grilled Chicken

I saw this recipe on Bo's Bowl a while back and finally got it on my menu for the week. The day I was planning on making this dish, I was driving home from work thinking about dinner.  I knew the recipe called for balsamic (obviously) and honey, but wasn't 100% sure of the other ingredients.  I started thinking... mmmmm, yea, some garlic would go really good in it...and let's not forget some red pepper flakes for some spice.  Yes, that sounds good!  When I got home and I pulled up the recipe, I had to laugh because I had actually thought of exactly the same ingredients that were in the recipe!  Whether it was subconsciously since I had seen the ingredients already, or if it's just really a matter of "great minds think alike", this is a recipe you need to try.  The flavor combinations are wonderful! Tart and sweet with just a tad bit of spice...beautiful!

Sweet Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Slightly adapted from Bo's Bowl
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced

Directions:
Rinse chicken and pat dry.  Place in a resealable bag or baking dish.  In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.  Pour over the chicken, cover or seal, and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.

Preheat your grill to medium.  Rub oil on grill grates.  Place the chicken directly over the fire and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  Enjoy!

11 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

There's nothing like tart and sweet! What a beautiful dinner that makes!

Angela said...

That looks delicious! I will have to try it this weekend.

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks delish! Balsamic honey glaze is the keeper!

SnoWhite said...

Can't wait to try this one.

Pam said...

Love this chicken - balsamic is the best!

StephenC said...

Kudos to Bo. I wish he would post more often - he's very interesting (culinarily speaking). As are you!

Unknown said...

I love his blog, lovely recipe & pretty simple...I tagged you in my blog!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Wow this looks incredible. All my favorite flavors. Thanks for sharing!

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

mmm, I love an easy recipe that packs great flavor. Thanks for posting this as I missed it on Bo's Blog.

Cheeseboy said...

Yes and please pass more!

Bo said...

I missed this last year...just saw it on Pintrest!