Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Mustard Tarragon Sauce

Mustard and tarragon.  What a wonderful combination.  I know this sounds a lot like my Grilled Pork Chops with Mustard Tarragon Butter but it's still worth posting.  It's different enough, believe me!  I guess I have been in the mood for tarragon lately, what can I say?  The tang of the Dijon and the licorice-y taste of the tarragon blend together to make a delicious sauce.  This is a very simple dish.  And don't worry, you don't have to grill the chicken, you can pan sear it or bake it, or a mixture of both.  The seasoning you use on the chicken can actually be whatever you choose, because, honestly, the star of this show is the sauce!  But that doesn't surprise those of you that have been following my journey for a while now....you are very aware of my sauce addiction and also should be aware that there is no rehab for this addiction...I will continue to supply it....don't even try to stop me!! :)

By the way, the potatoes are actually sweet potatoes tossed with olive oil and salt and pepper, and then grilled just like my Grilled Potato Rounds.  They were fantastic!

Grilled Chicken with Mustard Tarragon Sauce
Adapted from Cooking Light
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt and black pepper, to taste
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium.  Rinse chicken and pat dry.  Rub olive oil on both sides of the chicken.  Season both sides with salt and pepper.  Place on grill grates directly over the heat and grill for 5-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the Dijon, red wine vinegar, water, olive oil, tarragon, and sugar until well combined; set aside.

When chicken is cooked, remove from grill and allow to rest for 3 minutes.  Serve with sauce drizzled over top.  Enjoy!

9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That sounds fantastic. I love your recipes, for I'm using more of those spices from my spice rack, rather than just having them there for decoration! lol It's also great to find sauces I can eat. If we're out to eat, I avoid them like the plague, for they're always loaded down with poisons. Yours aren't! (so nice of you to leave the poison out). :-)

I'm going to try this recipe when we return home!

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks fabulous! Love the tarragon mustard sauce.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Looks good Jenn! Its such a pretty sauce, I'd want to spoon it on everything on the plate :) The grilled sweet potatoes are awesome, too, I love the color.

Pam said...

I think the sauce sounds fabulous!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

The sauce sounds awesome. The hubs always complains about tarragon, but well, this looks so good he'll just have to deal.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

StephenC said...

Last week I mentioned that I used tarragon in the brine for some chicken, thinking that Peter wouldn't notice. He did! We have very few disagreements about food and flavors. This is one of them. I love it. He barely tolerates it. Does Wonderboy like tarragon?

Unknown said...

This whole meal looks wonderful, my husband would love it as I rearely cook meat.

Debbie said...

The chicken and the sauce look fabulous but I have to say I would hit those sweet potatoes first! They look great and I am very addicted to the starches!!!

Chris said...

Tarragon is my favorite herb for carrots too.

Great looking chicken, Jenn, and Alexis would love those sweet potatoes too.