Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ancho Chili Spiced Tilaipa with Chipotle Rémoulade

So my biggest dilemma when I purchase a can of chipotle peppers is what to do with the rest of the can after I use my 1, maybe 2 peppers.  Most recipes do not call for much more then that.  I never like to waste food if I don't have to, so I try and find a few recipes I can utilize them in during that week.  This is how I used the rest of my chipotle puree from the Chipotle Mexican Rice.  I served that rice with this fish...top it with the sauce....you know it's gonna be good! The entire dish was very flavorful and yet, surprisingly, not too fiery...at least for us...it was perfect!

Ancho Chili Spice Tilapia with Chipotle Rémoulade
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
4 Tilapia fillets
For the Chipotle Rémoulade
2 Tablespoons chipotle puree
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon oregano

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the remoulade.  Mix until smooth.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

In another small bowl, mix together the ancho chili powder, salt, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano.  Rinse fish and pat dry.  Sprinkle the seasoning over both sides of each fillet.

Place the fillets in a non-stick skillet, sprayed with non stick spray, over medium heat.  Cover and let cook for 3-4 minutes (you may need to reduce the heat at this point, you don't want to burn them).  Flip the fillets, replace the cover, and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Serve with chipotle remoulade and enjoy!

 

13 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

A wonderfully flavoured seafood treat! How nice that you even made your own remoulade.

mr. pineapple man said...

that looks delicious!

Deseree said...

This sounds amazing! I love tilapia but have never made a spicy version. I am also loving the remoulade. I've been kind of obsessed with chipotle lately so this is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing! :)

StephenC said...

You've done it again!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

You've read my mind, Jenn! I always have trouble deciding what to do with those stubborn leftover chipotle peppers, but using them in rice is a great idea! I love remoulade, too, but never thought it was so easy until I saw your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

This one is SCREAMING my name!

pigpigscorner said...

Anything spicy for me! Great way to use up chhipotle!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I agree - hate having to throw those babies away! In an effort to not have to waste them, I actually open a couple of cans at a time and fill a sterilized Mason jar (the kind with the suction tops and little hinge that you can open and close easily) with the chipotles and adobo sauce. I keep it in the fridge so I always have chipotles on hand. I've been doing this for months now and it seems to work well. Just a thought:) Thanks for sharing Jenn - looks lovely and spicy!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

wow...now thats a piece of fish I could love! Tilappia usually doesn't do it for me, but the way you prepared it, it looks so very very good!
The remoulade is a wonderful addition!

Jean at The Delightful Repast said...

I'm not much of a fish fan, really only ever eat it because "it's good for me." But THIS looks good! I could eat a lot of fish with this yummy sauce.

Yenta Mary said...

That sauce would be good on anything! Oh, it would be perfect to spice up my cheese sandwich for lunch! I've only got mustard on it, which is sounding pretty forlorn right now ....

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

You're on a chipotle kick!!! This sauce looks so good. I would use the fish, which looks delightful as well, soley as a vehicle to get that sauce into my mouth!!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Chris said...

I don't care much for fish but the chipotle remoulade is something I love! I run into the same problem with an open can of chipotle