Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Raspberry Chipotle Chicken

Quite a few years back, when I used to have a Costco card, I found the most amazing sauce every.  It was a Roasted Raspberry and Chipotle sauce.  That was before chipotle was the "in" thing :)  I used to marinate chicken in the sauce and then grill it.  Sometimes I'd eat it just like that, other times I'd make lettuce wraps out of them.  My lettuce wraps consisted of rice, grilled raspberry chipotle chicken, cucumber, mint, and a squirt of Sriracha.  They were fantastic!  I would eat that pretty much every night...and then I just got tired of the whole process, so I stopped making them....and then I found other wonderful things to make and had sort of forgotten about it...mainly because I wasn't going to Costco anymore to purchase the decadent sauce!  Then one day I was browsing through my favorite blogs when I stumbled upon this recipe for Raspberry BBQ Sauce on Nibble Me This.  I immediately thought of that sauce and then giggled when I realized that I could actually make my own now!!

So this is my version of that lovely sauce.  It's simple, it's delicious, and you can use it on just about anything!!

Raspberry Chipotle Chicken
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
5 Tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In a food processor, add the chipotles, adobo sauce, raspberry jam and balsamic vinegar and pulse a few times until almost smooth.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag, pour the marinade over the chicken, and seal the bag.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, though 4-8 would be more ideal.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place the chicken directly on the grates over the fire and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.

To bake: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Place in baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  You can also quickly pan sear each side for about 2-4 minutes, then place in oven to finish cooking.

15 comments:

Big Dude said...

Your last three meals all sound delicious. Chris puts out some great recipes.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Great flavor combo in here. I'll have to try AND I can't wait to try your crock pot recipe. Sounds awesome!!!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

Another great chicken recipe. These are great because chicken can get so darn boring! Can't wait to try this one too.

StephenC said...

The great thing about this recipe is I would think you could use just about any not-too-sweet jam, apricot, strawberry, etc. What do you think?

Unknown said...

I love a raspberry sauve and with the chipotle I bet so much more flavor.

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Are there any limits to your awesome ideas for grilled chicken? This is brilliant! I imagine the spice of the chipotle compliments the sweet raspberry so well. Thanks for sharing, Jen! I have a super easy caramel apple turnover up today that I think you'd really like, too!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I love that I could whip this up any night of the week because I always have all of these ingredients on hand. This one's a keeper Jenn!

Pam said...

I think the flavors in the marinade sound amazing!

Pam said...

Great combo of flavors with this. I'm always looking for a new way with chicken and love raspberries so this is perfect. Thanks!

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks for the link to the raspberry BBQ sauce - another sauce that I can make gluten free (and that won't give me a headache!) :-) I do appreciate it.

Debbie said...

Anything that contains raspberries or raspberry jam has to be great...love raspberries and this sounds perfect!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

First, great photo Jenn!! That chicken looks really really good. I want some now. 2nd, I am in love with this recipe because I have everything I need AND because I love the spicy/sweet thing AND because I dig chipotles AND because I love fruit with meat. Pretty sure I'll be making this one soon. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn,
OMG...That looks sooo yummm...hmm..:)

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Yenta Mary said...

Gotta catch up on your posts! This sounds fabulous -- a little sweet, a little spicy ... :) And, as always, I'm here reading instead of there eating!

Chris said...

The funniest thing about my post is that I found myself wishing I had added chipotle like you did!