Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween: Our Tradition

Chris and I have been together for 3 years now.  I know this for certain because this is the third year that we have....well, actually, he has...carved pumpkins (hey, I help clean them out!!).  I just couldn't let the day go by without showcasing the past three years awesome pumpkins:

First up...Year One:

The Headless Horseman

Go Big Red!! Our first OU vs. NU rivalry game together!!

Next up...Year Two:

The cat (Really love this one!!!)

The spooky haunted house...oooohhhhhh!!!

And finally...Year Three:

And the master begins....

Almost there....

Finishing touches.....

And the witch is born....!!!

And of course, we need a traditional looking pumpkin too!
 
Have a fun and safe Halloween!!

13 comments:

egbkid said...

Awesome! He is very talented! I am not that good with a knife, but i love carving pumpkins!
Happy Halloween!

Yenta Mary said...

OMG, I'm lucky if I can cut a few triangles for eyes before I lose patience! These are exceptional!!!

Chris said...

The are all great. Chris is one talented pumpkin craftsman.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Awesome!! I love carving pumpkins too :) They all look incredible - not surprisingly the Witch loves the witch one :) Happy Halloween Jenn and Chris!!

Stephen C said...

What a hoot!

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks really cool!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Congratulations on three years together, Jenn and Chris! Your pumpkin carving talents seem to improve with every year! Thanks for sharing, and happy Halloween! :)

Chef Dennis Littley said...

wow...he is an artist!! I think you need to get him working on ice sculptures!!
Thanks for sharing your Halloween tradition with us!
Dennis

Melissa said...

Those are so amazing! I can barely manage the triangle eyes. Do you do anything with the seeds?

Unknown said...

I bow to the master! Mine is quite silly looking compared to these.

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow! I am so impressed!! I thought that putting two or three teeth in the pumpkin mouth was being above and beyond. These are really awesome! Chris gets the blue ribbon for pumpkin carving. You get honorable mention for cleaning them out. (jk) LOL

megan said...

wow he is so talented! I can't carve pumpkins at all - i can barely make a simple face. These are works of art :)

Sharon said...

What a talent....glad he gets to be creative more than once a year! And, he sings, too! Happy Halloween, you two.