Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan Crust

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!  We had a wonderful day with some of Chris' family and we very much enjoyed our long weekend!  I could totally get used to not working!!! lol

Anyway, this is a simple baked chicken recipe that I probably wouldn't have posted because I've done this same thing with fish... BUT... it's all I have in my bag of goodies right now, so it's what you get.  Simple, delicious and ready (from start to finish) in less than an hour.... that's hard to beat these days :)

P.s... about the sauce... I just doubled the dijon mixture and mixed half of it with about 1-2 Tablespoons of mayo... simple as that!

Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan Crust
Adapted from Ted Allan
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded down so they are both an even thickness)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Mix the mustard, thyme, salt and cayenne in a shallow bowl.  Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat completely; set aside.

In another shallow bowl, combine the parmesan and panko.  Dredge the chicken in the panko mixture, coating evenly and heavily, and pressing the coating into the meat.

Place the chicken on a rack set over a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and put the sheet in the middle of the oven.  Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.  Let rest 5 minute before serving.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Pan Seared Cod with Garlic Dill Sauce
Two Years Ago:  Peanut Butter Pie with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
Three Years Ago:  Pots de Creme

7 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The cheesy crust looks fantastic, Jenn. And I love the Dijon marinade too.

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

Aren't panko crumbs just the best for breading? And I'm loving this mustard/cheese combo. Thanks for the great idea Jenn. How are you feeling? I'm hoping you're not turning your nose up at food. :)

Carla from The River said...

Yummy! My boys will love this! Thank you for sharing.

Big Dude said...

Glad you had a relaxing holiday and trust me, you can definitely get used to not working.

Yenta Mary said...

A lovely, sophisticated dish that is so easy to prepare - we all need recipes like this!

Pam said...

I love making chicken like this - easy, tasty, and flavorful.

Just watched WD last night. WOW!

Chris said...

I'm glad you posted this with chicken because chicken is infinitely better than fish (you know me, ha ha).

Glad you had a great time with Chris' family.