Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

White Truffle Garlic Aioli

We received lots of great wedding gifts... one of my favorite came from a co-worker.  She gave me this really cool oil/vinegar holder with dispensers... but along with it came a Herbs de Provence olive oil, a white balsamic vinegar and ...... wait for it....   a bottle of white truffle oil!!!  YUM!!  So, of course, my first thought, was to make an aioli.  Now, one thing I learned, you can use too much truffle oil.  The first batch I made was over powered by the oil and was almost inedible.... almost :).  But, never fear, I don't like to give up when it comes to sauces, so I tried again, and the next time I nailed it!  I have made this sauce quite a few times since.. I mean it goes so well with the one thing I have pregnancy cravings for - FRENCH FRIES!!!   Oh yes, I haven't craved too many things, but fries... oh my gosh, I can't seem to get enough of them.  I have done very well with not going over board, and when I have do have the, more times than not I bake them at home, so they are a little better for me... but I guess if you are dredging them in this sauce, it sort of wipes that out, huh?  Oh well... it's worth it!!

White Truffle Garlic Aioli
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise (homemade or store bought)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon white truffle oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  Can be made up to 3 days in advance.  Serve with chicken, fish, shrimp or french fries!!  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Tailgating Asian Chicken Strips
Two Years Ago:  Balsamic Chicken Pasta
Three Years Ago:  New England Clam Chowder
 

7 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

OMG, what utter luxurious decadence!!! That is so fabulous! :)

Pam said...

Sounds like a nice wedding gift! The aioli looks tasty and I bet it makes your fries even tastier!

Angie's Recipes said...

I can't wait to try it!

Big Dude said...

An aioli was your first thought - I'm in shock :-)

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Now that was a perfect wedding gift! And you've done it again with the tasty sauce thang! And it's always fun to hear what a pregnant lady is craving--it could be a lot worse than french fries, so don't you worry about it!

Unknown said...

First of all, congratulations on the pregnancy! :) now you mentioned it, I am too craving for French fries and I'm not pregnant and not ever will.
The aioli is awesome. I love white truffle oil. Use it a lot with pasta or risotto. yum.

Chris said...

I got a batch of white truffle oil and found it can really overpower a potato dish. Boy was that strong, lol.

Turns out most white truffle oil in the US doesn't really come from truffles, they just use a chemical that resembles or is found in truffles. Kind of like the issue of olive oil misbranding. I don't know who to trust anymore, ha ha.