Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

Ziti with Tuna, Lemon and Basil

I probably have another pasta dish very similar to this somewhere on my blog already, but I'll tell you, I was just too lazy to check.  So if you notice that this is a double post... please don't tell me :)

Simple, light and perfect for a weeknight meal... especially during the summer.  I haven't given you exact amounts on everything and I apologize for that.  I thought I had written the recipe down, but when I went to look for it, I found out that I was completely wrong.  Oh well, I think you can figure this one out yourself.  It's so very simple and so worth trying.

Ziti with Tuna, Lemon and Basil
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
8-10 oz ziti
1 can tuna packed in olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lemon
extra virgin olive oil
handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.

Pour the pasta into a bowl and add the tuna with all it's oil.  Stir in the lemon juice and zest.  If the pasta it too dry, add some olive oil and/or pasta water until you get the right consistency.  Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Serve and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Chicken with Pesto Yogurt Sauce
Two Years Ago:  Beef Tostadas
Three Years Ago:  Asian Inspired Pork Chops

7 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

This is a perfect light, summery dish! I can tell it's 100F already where you are; it was 47 here this morning, though it should be a beautiful, sunny mid-60s this afternoon ... :)

We Are Not Martha said...

Pasta and tuna is one of the most satisfying things ever!

Sues

StephenC said...

This is so unbelievably simple it should be called Lazy Bum Tuna Pasta.

Cranberry Morning said...

Looks delicious - and lemon is the key for sure! YUM

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks very fresh and delicious!

Pam said...

My mom used to make tuna with pasta when I was a kid and I loved it. This one looks fantastic!

Velva said...

This totally works for a weeknight meal! Love it.


Velva