Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Steaks with Bacon-Parmesan Butter

While the pictures might not be the best, as I was too hungry to wait for the butter to to get even more melty and beautiful, it was truly DA-BOMB recipe and could be used on just about anything and everything. I guess it's hard to go wrong withe bacon and butter, but I had to try this recipe just to be sure.  I mean who am I to go around telling people everything is better with bacon if I don't actually try all those wonderful things??  Mmmmm... wouldn't that be a great job?  A bacon taste tester.... YUM!!!  :)

Steaks with Bacon-Parmesan Butter
Slightly adapted from Weber.com
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 steaks - any cut you choose
3 slices center cut strips of bacon
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
In a skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until it is crisp, 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.  Transfer to paper towels to drain and let cool.  Finely crumble or chop the bacon.  In a small bowl, using a fork, combine the butter, bacon, parmesan, salt and pepper until well blended.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Drizzle some olive oil over both sides of the steaks and season liberally with salt and pepper.  Place over direct heat and grill 5-10 minutes per side or until the steaks are done to your liking.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3 minutes.  Top each steak with butter and allow to sit for another 2 minutes so the butter has a little time to melt.  Serve and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  My Homage to Heinz 57
Two Years Ago:  Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Three Years Ago:  New New Orleans Pasta

6 comments:

Pam said...

Everything is better with butter and bacon so I can only imagine how amazing this bacon butter is !

Angie's Recipes said...

Bacon cheese butter...I have no doubt this tastes heavenly!

Lea Ann said...

Picture looks good to me. I do that too. Shoot a couple of pics then too hungry to make sure I've done a good job. I love flavored butters on steak. And bacon???? yes please. Sounds great Jenn.

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl said...

This steaks looks so darn good, I have to try it!

Anonymous said...

Bacon parmesan butter!!!! OMG!!!!!! what a popular lady you must be :)
Mary x

Chris said...

Compound butter + steaks = <3