Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

Greek Chicken Salad

I seriously hope no one is getting tired of my salad recipes.  I know it's probably not the most ideal time, as I know most of the country is experiencing more fall/winter like weather than we are.  I will say this, though, we finally have started to cool down!  I get up early on the week days and run and let me tell you, there have been a few brisk mornings as of late.  Good thing for me, it's still in the high 80's/low 90's during the day, so technically, I haven't started craving those winter type foods yet..... or at least I'm not craving them too often just yet...

As for this salad.. you gotta try it.  It's simple, flavorful, and oh so easy to put together.

Greek Chicken Salad
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning (optional)
4 cups lettuce (I used a mixture of romaine and green leaf), chopped or torn
1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced and cut in half
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
For the dressing -
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried dill

Directions:
Place the chicken in a resealable bag.  In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and Greek seasoning.  Pour marinade over chicken and seal bag.  Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.

To make the dressing, mix together all ingredients until well combined.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place chicken over direct heat and grill for 8-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove and allow to rest 8-10 minutes.  Slice into thin strips or bite sizes pieces.

Build the salad as you wish, but I just start with the lettuce, top that with cucumbers and tomatoes.  Add the sliced chicken and top with cheese and olives.  Drizzle on the dressing and enjoy!!

One Year Ago:  Grilled (or Baked) Fish with Remoulade
Two Years Ago:  Simple Chicken Stir-Fry

10 comments:

StephenC said...

I had trouble finding a Greek chicken. Finally found one in a corner of the barn reading Plato. It tasted good.

Unknown said...

how could we get tired of these yummy recipes... love it, so tasty and yet healthy, always a great combo xx

Cranberry Morning said...

This is PERFECT, my favorite kind of salad - and glad to be reminded that I could be eating Greek Chicken Salad instead of GF peanut butter cookies!!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum yum yum yum. I can't think of anything else to say other than yum I want some of that! Greek flavors always make my palette happy :) It's fortuitous that I'm making my weekly menu. This bad boy's going on it!

Big Dude said...

This is a favorite dish around our place.

Pam said...

Love this salad, but it's COLD here today and I need a bowl of hot soup. I'll save this for later in the week when it's supposed to be in the 70's. Thanks for the recipe, Jenn!

We Are Not Martha said...

Greek salad is one of my all-time faves and this one looks delicious!

Sues

Lea Ann (Cooking on the Ranch) said...

I never get tired of salad recipes. Even though I may be a stew,pasta,casserole type person on the weekends this time of year, you can't eat like that all the time, I'm a salad lover during the week. I'll give this one a try.

Unknown said...

I'm never tired of your salad recipes. They are fresh and wonderful, like this one. I adore Greek salad and yours looks great. I must try adding dill next time.

Chris said...

Wow, the flavor in that salad is intense and I love it!