Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grilled Fish with Chinese BBQ Sauce

I apologize for no Thanksgiving recipe ideas again this year.  With it just being Chris and I, I really don't get too much in to the big meals.  Heck, it's the Sunday before Thanksgiving, as I write this post, and I still don't have a clue what we are doing!

So, instead I've brought you a healthy alternative meal for AFTER the holiday's.  See.. I knew I could keep your interest :)

And for those that don't like fish.. no worries, this would be great on chicken too!

Grilled Fish with Chinese BBQ Sauce
Adapted from The Neely's, The Food Network
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 tilapia fillets
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 Tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
drop or two of sesame oil

Directions:
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the orange juice, hoisin, soy, honey, pepper flakes, ginger and sesame oil until well combined.

Preheat grill to 325 degrees F.  Tear off two squares of aluminum foil large enough to form packets around each piece of fish.  Spray with non stick cooking spray.  Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and place in the middle of each piece of foil.  Drizzle half of the sauce, evenly, over both pieces of fish.  Enclose the fish by pull the two long sides together and folding to seal.  Now fold over each end to seal - leave a little room for air.  Place directly over the fire and grill for 14-18 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Carefully remove from gill and be even more careful opening the packet - it will release steam.  Serve with remaining sauce.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Peruvian Grilled Chicken
Two Years Ago:  Creamy Taco Mac

4 comments:

StephenC said...

I think I making some pan-fried swai filets tonight. I'll give this a go with the ingredients I have.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the way this sounds. The sauce makes it interesting and the fish is a great departure from heavy holiday foods. I hope all is well, Jenn. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Anonymous said...

I may even be about to get my non fish eater eating fish with this sauce :)
Mary x

Mary said...

This sounds delicious and we all need inspiration for more than just the holiday meals. I have salmon back on the menu for next week myself.