Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thai Peanut Tilapia

I loved this recipe.  (sorry if the picture looks a bit "slimy", but I was fooling around with the setting again...I should know better by now, I know!!)  I am a fan of spicy peanut sauces, though, so it sort of goes without saying....even Chris was a fan, though hesitant since my last attempt at making a peanut sauce was a disaster..a few months before I started my blog, I made this spicy peanut stir fry that was over loaded with peanut butter...so overloaded, the sauce sort of stuck to the roof of your mouth, just like a spoonful of peanut butter.  Good, but a bit much.  This fish was not that at all.  It was a perfect blend and amount.  I grilled this in foil packets, but never fear, you can bake it too.  Don't you just love the versatility of some of my recipes??? :)  And speaking of versatility, you could use this on chicken too... mmmmm..!!!

Thai Peanut Tilapia
Ingredients:
4 Tilapia Fillets (or any other white fish)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
3 teaspoons red chili paste (I used Huy Fong Sambal Oelek Sauce)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 lime, juiced
2-4 Tablespoons warm water
2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts

Directions:
In a microwaveable bowl, add the peanut better, soy, chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice.  Microwave for about 20 seconds.  Remove and stir.  Add warm water to help thin out the sauce.  Continue to microwave 10 seconds at a time until all ingredients are well blended.

To Grill:  Preheat a grill.  Tear off 4 squares of aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.  Place each fillet on the foil and season with salt and pepper.  Pour the sauce over each fillet.  Seal foil packet and place on grill.  Grill for 12-14 minutes, turning at least one time.  Remove from grill and carefully remove fish from foil.  Enjoy!

To Bake:  Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray and place the fillets in the dish.  Season with salt and pepper.  Pour the sauce over the fillets and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Remove from oven and enjoy! 

5 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I heart peanut sauce :) This sounds pretty darn good Jenn! I bet this would be good on chicken, yummy! Must make soon :)

Michelle said...

I don't eat fish but I do love me some peanut sauce. It's also great on pasta! Try it with stir-fry veggies and pasta. YUM.

Stephen C said...

Mixed feelings about peanut sauce I confess. Although I do like some eastern peanuty dishes. I'll think about it.

Tricia said...

yum, thanks for sharing!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Looks delish Jenn! Anything with pb is golden with me. I'm obsessed with it.