Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Feta Burgers with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli

I refrained from saying anything on Monday, but I have to say it now... for those that do not watch the show, I apologize, but I have to say this....   OMG, can you believe there are only 2 more Walking Dead episodes left this season?  Doesn't it feel like it just started?  Ughhh... I hate that about a good TV show... it gets you all excited and than the season is over!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Anyway... we will see what happens, won't we???  And, of course, if you want to chat about it... hit me up via email .. I'm always happy to talk about it!!  (jennsfoodjourney@gmail.com)

As for these burgers.....   uhhhhmmm... yeah...... these were AWESOME!!!  I like my burgers pretty simple... but these take the frickin' cake.  I hate to break it to Chris, but we may be eating burgers like this from now on.... the plain old standby doesn't look so good any more!! lol

Feta Burgers with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
Adapted from Grill-It!
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (85/15)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4-6 hamburger buns
2-4 oz crumbed feta cheese
leafy lettuce (optional)
tomato slices/cucumber slices (optional)
For the aioli -
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, quartered
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl, add the ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon feta cheese and pepper.  Using your hands, mix everything together.  Form into patties (you can decide how big and how many you make) and place on a platter.  Cover and set aside.  (you can make the patties in advance, just cover and place in refrigerator until about 20 minutes before you are ready to grill them.)

Add all the ingredients for the aioli into a food processor; pulse until everything is chopped and well mixed.  Place in small bowl, cover and put in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375-400 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Place the burger patties over direct heat and grill 5-10 minutes per side (depending on desired doneness).  In the last 5 minutes of grilling, top each patty with the remaining goat cheese.  Remove from gill and allow to rest 3-5 minutes.  Top each bun with lettuce/tomato/cucumber, place the patty on top and finally top it all with the red pepper aioli.  Enjoy!!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Cumin-Cayenne Tilapia
Two Years Ago:  Penne with Meat Ragu
Three Years Ago:  Classic Steak House Marinated Steaks

8 comments:

Big Dude said...

Awesome sounding burger - I like every ingredient you used.

StephenC said...

The Walking Dead? I think I saw some of them up the street at the old folks home. You should call this recipe "A quirk of feta."

Cranberry Morning said...

You're singing my song, Jenn! Roasted red peppers, Feta cheese, cucumber...all delicious. I've pinned this. YUM.

Mary said...

The burgers sound delicious and your photos are excellent! I'll leave the walking dead to you. I can hang with the vampire shows, but not the zombies. For whatever reason, they just freak me out!

Pam said...

Loving those burgers! The salty feta with the creamy aioli totally make me drool.

The last episode was so intense! The Governor is CRAZY! For some reason I thought that was the last episode so I am super happy we have two more!

Chris said...

Holy smokes, that burger ROCKS. The feta and aioli really kick it up.

Anonymous said...

Beef! Feta! Burgers!! you are calling my name!! delicious - perfection!
Mary x

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Jenn, that sounds great - especially the aioli! I'm not familiar with that TV show, but what you said is exactly why I like to wait till a show comes out on Netflix then I can have marathons and not have to wait for seasons.