Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ziti with Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto

Pasta dishes do not get much easier than this.  Throw all but two ingredients into a food processor.. pulse... viola!  A sauce is created and dinner is served.  Seriously, cooking the pasta is the only thing that is holding this meal up from hitting the table in 2.2 seconds!

By the way... is anyone else a little disturbed that it's already May?  I mean really?  Doesn't it seem as if we just celebrated Christmas a few weeks ago?  There was a time, when I was much, much younger, that I would have LOVED for time to move this fast (specifically when I was in school).  But now, now all I keep thinking is at this rate, I'm going to be 40 WAY sooner than I expected :)

Ziti with Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 garlic clove, quartered
7 oz jar roasted red peppers
1 Tablespoon of the oil from the roasted red peppers
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnishing
10 oz ziti pasta
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped

Directions:
In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the pasta and chicken.  Pulse until almost smooth; set aside.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well.  Return the pasta to the pot and add the cooked chicken.  Toss with the pesto and serve immediately.  (if the pasta is too dry, add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil)  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Stove Top Tuna Mac and Cheese
Two Years Ago:  Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
Three Years Ago:  Chicken Pesto Pizza

10 comments:

StephenC said...

Nice and easy for a weeknight meal.

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

Thanks for this recipe, I've got a jar of roasted red peppers in the fridge that I need to use. Looks delicious Jenn ... and easy.

Big Dude said...

I love the pesto you made. It's 9:30, I haven't eaten breakfast, and now have a serious craving for pasta.

Pam said...

Comfort food at it's best. This looks wonderful.

Yenta Mary said...

I cannot believe how quickly time flies these days, and how far behind I am on so many things - and as the days turn into months (just skipping weeks altogether!), I have no excuse other than not knowing what happened to all the time. If you're turning 40, all the grilled food and pasta is doing you good! You're gorgeous! And a birthday, of course, means cake and cupcakes ... :)

Cranberry Morning said...

If you were up here, Jenn, you'd see that Christmas is right around the corner. We had a couple days in the 70s and now it's cold and snowing like crazy. I think it's called 'a wrinkle in time' and you're going to be a year older in half the time! lol

You know I love this recipe. The only way I can indulge is if I actually measure out what I eat and put the rest in the refrig right away. I mean RIGHT away!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Desperate for fast recipes right now (and you too it seems:) and this looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

I love this, Jenn! It would even be good without the chicken, if you didn't have any around.

Angie's Recipes said...

Love red pesto. The pasta looks so delicious, Jenn.

Chris said...

"GOING to be 40"

40 is getting further in my review mirror every day!