Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mustard-Dill Fish

After enjoying the Lemon Dill Tilapia a few weeks back, I decided to make yet another fish dish using dill.  Dill always works well with a tangy flavor, so when I saw this recipe in my Grillin' & Chillin' cookbook, I just couldn't stop myself from trying it.  It was such a simple recipe, it almost feels wrong to post it.  Seriously, this took no thought whatsoever, but after a long day at work and what seemed like an even longer time fighting traffic, it's exactly what I wanted.  If you don't like Dijon (yes, there are those who do not like it), you could use mayonnaise (What?  You don't like mayo...Andrea, how can I please you? hehe) or even plain greek yogurt.  If you choose to go that route, add a little lemon juice to it also, it will just add a bit more flavor to it.

Mustard-Dill Fish
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens, Chillin' & Grillin' cookbook
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 Tilapia fillets (or any white fish)
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
Place the fillets in a shallow baking dish or pan (if you are going to be baking these, use an oven friendly dish and spray it with non stick spray first).  In a small bowl, mix together the mustard and oil until well combined.  Mix in the dill.  Spread the mixture over one side of each fillet, cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.

To bake:  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Remove the baking dish from the fridge while the oven preheats.  Place the baking dish in the oven, when ready, and bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating once, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

To grill:  Place fillets on squares of foil that have been sprayed with non-stick spray.  Close the foil to create a packet.  Place directly on your preheated grill (medium to medium-low) and grill for 12 minutes, rotating once.

8 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderfully quick and delicious dish. I love to visit here. Your food is always wonderful and the company is not bad either :-). Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Angie's Recipes said...

I like this dish...looks really fresh and wonderful with dill and mustard.

Unknown said...

Oh yum, this is right up my alley.

StephenC said...

You make me wish I had planted dill in the garden.

Cheeseboy said...

I love mustard. I love fish. Not sure about this one, but I would definitely try it.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

You know me too well Jenn :)

Jessica said...

Yum! This sounds so good!

Aleksandra Nearing said...

That looks delish! I'll have to try it with some dill from my garden!