Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Grilled Provençal Chicken

 
Provençal...what a fancy name for herbs commonly used in a region of southeastern France, better known as Provence.  I love this blend of herbs.  Most of us can now find that mixture of dried herbs in our grocery store ... it's called Herbes de Provence (go figure).  It is a mixture of rosemary, fennel, savory, thyme, basil, lavender, oregano, and tarragon (I think I may have missed an herb or two, sorry).  Those herbs, together, make an amazing flavor combination.  This recipe is simple and the flavors are summery and light.  If you have never tried Herbes de Provence, pick some up next time you are at your local spice store, I bet you'll find many uses for it!

Oh, and before you take off because you don't have a grill or are sick of all my grilling recipes, I've included baking and pan searing instructions.  Enjoy!
 
Grilled Provençal Chicken
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lemon, juiced and zested
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Directions:
Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish.  Mix together all other ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the chicken.  Let marinate for 1-4 hours (the longer you marinate, the more flavor you will get).

When chicken is ready, preheat your grill to 350-400 (medium) degrees.  Remove chicken from bag and discard the marinade.  Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5-8 minutes.  Turn and continue to cook until the chicken is done, another 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness.

To Bake:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place the chicken in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.

To pan sear:  Place a non stick skilled over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle, turning only once.

9 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The chicken looks so juicy and tender!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I love herbs de Provence. This chicken looks really good Jenn, light and refreshing :)

StephenC said...

Yummo!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Mmmm, this is totally what I've been craving. Thanks for the great recipe.


Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

Yum, I will have to buy some of this

Anonymous said...

This is making me really hungry.

Beth said...

I have an award for you! Hope you'll stop by and pick it up!
http://twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com/2010/08/bloggy-awards-are-best.html

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds delightful and I need recipes to help me use some of my herbes de provenence. This is a great place to start. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Debbie said...

That looks very, very good! I'd like to try that. I am making your Reeses Peanut Pie this weekend. Looking forward to having a large slice of it!!!!!