Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Grilled Ranch Chicken

We are back!!!  I so love going on vacation, but it's always good to be back home!  We had a fantastic time....oh the stories I have to tell and the pictures I have to show...BUT...those will have to wait. I was completely exhausted last night, so much that I didn't even take the camera out to look at the pictures we took.  I'll be posting things about the trip later this week (hopefully tomorrow)...for now,  you can enjoy a quick meal that I made right before we left.

I know that using a packet of the Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix is probably not the best thing for us....I know what the ingredients consist of...but I came home from work not feeling like doing too much and well, I was out of one of the ingredients for the dish I was actually wanting to make (the curse of bad grocery planning...grrrrr), so this is what I came up with instead.  It was easy and it was fantastic.

Chris has a love affair with ranch dressing.  (I try not to get too jealous!!)  He swears that you can put ranch on anything and it would be wonderful.  He's even been known to dip a brownie in a little.  Please don't judge him, you know that there are about half of you out there reading this that have wondered what it would taste like.  He says it was wonderful.  Personally, I'd rather dip my chocolate in chocolate, but to each his own, right?

Now all I did was sprinkle the mix onto the chicken, but if you had mayonnaise (which was the ingredient I was out of) you could mix it with that and then slather it on the chicken.  I'm just betting that would work even better.  So go ahead, experiment...make this the best ranch chicken you can.  I stuck with simple because of the mood I was in and the lack of ingredients I had in my kitchen, but you can get creative and wild...you know you want to!!!

Grilled Ranch Chicken
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
olive oil
black pepper

Directions:
Place chicken in a shallow dish.  Rub olive oil over both sides and sprinkle with the seasoning mix.  Let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Preheat your grill to medium.  Brush the grill grates with olive oil and place the chicken on the grates.  Grill for 5-10 minutes per side, turning only once, or until the chicken is cooked through (165-170 degrees). Remove from grill and enjoy!

8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

The chicken looks great, but those potatoes look even better!! :-)

SnoWhite said...

That looks really yummy! Can't wait until we have a grill.

Yenta Mary said...

Men are so funny -- they will dip anything into mayonnaise or ketchup or Ranch dressing! The meal looks wonderful!!! Good to have you back ... :)

StephenC said...

Not to worry or apologize for the ranch dressing, my favorite pot roast is the one my mom made in the 50's with mushroom soup concentrate and dry onion soup mix. It's still the best. I look forward to hearing about the trip!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yeah I agree with everyone else, this looks pretty darn good. My daughter would love it, that's for sure! Glad your trip was a success and that you survived the flight there & back :) Its good to have you back in the blogosphere!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

There's nothing I like more in the middle of summer than a juicy piece of grilled chicken. This looks fantastic, Jenn! Right up my alley.

Chris said...

I came by to see what kind of home that Masterbuilt smoker was going to. The first thing I see is grilled chicken.

Good, I know it will be happy here and used well!!! Congratulations!

Cheeseboy said...

Chris is right on. Ranch will make anything good. Blue Cheese, on the other hand, will put any food over the top. Thousand Island, on the other hand, makes any food crappy.