Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

Greek Pork Chops with Lemon Oregano Potatoes

Have you ever seen the movie Office Space?  If not, I highly recommend finding it and watching it... especially if you have ever worked in an office with cubicals!  For those of you that have seen it - remember the annoying part where they say "looks like someone's got a case of the Monday's"?  Well - as silly as it sounds - I do have a case of the Monday's!  It's Sunday afternoon and I already feel them creeping on.  You know that feeling of just not wanting to be at work?  Yep, I feel that feeling coming on fast.  Not that I dislike my job, it's just that... well... I spent the entire week working on one stupid excel spreadsheet and I still have more to do!!!  And THAT is why I have a case of the Monday's!!   AND to top it off, The Walking Dead is not on anymore and Sunday's seem so lame without it!! LOL!

Okay, okay.. enough of the griping, right?  :) You came here for the food!!  And what great food I have for you today... this delicious little meal will not disappoint.  I had to go to my "go-to" grill master, Chris (Nibble Me This) - I was having a total creative block, so I quickly ran through a few of his recipes and found this recipe.  He paired the pork with rice pilaf, but my Chris says we eat too much rice already, so I thought I would create a little potato magic!  Although Chris' pork looks WAY better than mine, I know mine tasted just as amazing... and that's what really counts!!

Greek Pork Chops with Lemon Oregano Potatoes
Pork recipe adapted from Chris, Nibble Me This
Potato recipe created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried mint
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 boneless pork loin chops
For the potatoes -
12 oz baby round potatoes, quartered
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon, salt, garlic, oregano, mint, thyme and pepper until well combined.  Rinse pork and place in resealable plastic bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over.  Seal or cover and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove pork from marinade and place directly over the fire.  Grill 4-8 minutes per side or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees F.  Remove and allow to rest at least 3 minutes before serving.

For the potatoes:  Place the potatoes in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in the microwave for 2 minutes.   Carefully remove bowl and shake the potatoes around a bit.  Place in microwave for 1 more minute.  Carefully remove.  Check the potatoes at this point.  You want them just starting to get tender.   Mix together the olive oil and lemon juice and pour over the potatoes.  Add the oregano and toss to coat.  Season with salt and pepper.  Pour into the middle of a large square of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking oil.  Pull the opposite sides of the foil together and fold.  Fold over sides forming a packet around the potatoes.  Place over direct heat and grill for 15-20 minutes, flipping the packet once.  Carefully remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before carefully opening the packet.  Serve with pork and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Hamburger and Goat Cheese Pizza
Two Years Ago:  Vanilla Bean Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
Three Years Ago:  Tilapia Oreganata

6 comments:

Big Dude said...

Great meal Jenn and I don't know which sounds better the meat or the potatoes. Like you, Chris' blog is one of my go-to sites for grilling tips, your blog is the other one.

StephenC said...

Pork chops are thawing. I will marinate them according to your plan and then butter poach them for today's dinner.

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

I'm feeling "a case of the Monday's" also. I really need one more day off. I'll take a heaping helping of those potatoes please. :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh YUM! I can't wait for baby potatoes to try this recipe, Jenn. Could you start subsidizing my purchase of printer ink? Just wondering. lol

Pam said...

Sunday evenings aren't so fun anymore!

I think the pork looks and sounds wonderful & pairing with the potatoes was a great idea. My kind of meal.

Anonymous said...

Great flavors and fabulous looking chops -
Mary x