Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baked Cajun Tilapia

Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I'm running out of ways to dress up tilapia!!  lol  Ok, ok, so there are many more ways, but not so many that Chris would eat.  I say Chris only because he's a bit more pickier than I am...but just a little.  I tell you this, why?  Well, because this recipe is a lot like ones I have posted in that past.  But that's ok...this was still delicious and flavorful and deserves to be posted.  Not only was it tasty, but simple too.  And, let's not forget healthy.. I have sort of stopped posting nutritional values on my posts only because it was becoming a pain and well, I didn't want to go through that extra step.  But trust me on this one.. this one is light and healthy.

Baked Cajun Tilapia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.  In a small bowl, mix together the thyme, cayenne, garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, and paprika.  Rinse off the fish and pat dry with a paper towel.  Sprinkle both sides of the fillets with the spice mixture and place in prepared baking dish.  Drizzle just a small amount of oil over the top of the fish.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Garlic-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops & A Winter Wonderland

10 comments:

Big Dude said...

Funny you should make the "dress up tilapia" comment, because when I read your post title, my first thought was I'm going to have to start calling you the "fish and chicken queen" :-). It looks like another good one though. We had one of you fish recipes for dinner Thur night and I posted it today.

Angie's Recipes said...

Jenn, I love this Cajun tilapia! The golden crust looks so inviting!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

That's how I've felt about chicken breasts too. What else can I possibly do to them that I've not already done?!? LOL!! I love the color that the spices give this fish, I bet it was packed full of healthy flavor :)

Cranberry Morning said...

I appreciate the fact that the spices in this dish are all natural. That looks delicious, and I think it's time for fish. We had a Greek pizza last night and I was wondering what to make for dinner tonight. (I think cayenne became my favorite spice in 2010.) :-)

Mary Bergfeld said...

Tilapia benefits greatly from spices like the ones you are using. It can be a very ho-hum fish without some help. This does sound really good. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

StephenC said...

The tilapia queen strikes again. I guess I'll just have to give in and buy some o' that fish.

Cheeseboy said...

tilapia is my favorite fish! I order it whenever I can. I don't even know if we could get it at our local market though.

Chris said...

You are going to make me try talapia eventually but then I'll realize it is still fish, lol.

Angie said...

Trying this receipe for the first time tonight. Talipia is the only kind of fish we eat. My lil girl even loves to eat talipia. Can't wait to dig onto it .

Unknown said...

I love this dish it's a great recipe