Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Extremely Honored

What?  An award?  For me?  You must be mistaken.....No?  Really???  WOW.. I am extremely honored!  A huge thanks goes to Michelle over at All Home Cooking. All Year Long. for nominating me for this award.  I can't tell you how amazing it feels to have a fellow blogger honor me in this way!  This award actually came to me yesterday and it just so happened that yesterday was my one month blogiversary!  Talk about being on cloud 9!!! When I first started this blog, I really did not think that it would amount to much.  I thought I'd get friends and family to check it out, but that would be about it.  Knowing that other bloggers are visiting my site and that they actually like what they see, is a huge boost for me.  Thank you so much Michelle...I hope you continue to visit my blog!

There are two things that I am suppose to do after receiving this honor... The first is to tell you seven interesting things about myself.... so get ready, here's seven things you may or may not want to know about me :)

Seven Interesting Facts About Me:
     1. I am a fire spinner.  I picked this skill up in 2005.  I was honored to spin with some amazingly talented people.  We once performed in front of 30,000 people.  And yes, I have been burned, but not bad enough where I ever wanted to stop.
     2. I use to own my own personal chef business, In Your Kitchen. I unfortunately started this at a bad time in my life so I was only able to keep it running for a year.  The hope is to maybe someday start it back up again.
     3. I have watched the movie Shaun of the Dead over 100 times. I think that statement pretty much speaks for itself :)
     4. I almost joined the Army after high school.  Seriously!  I actually got all the way to the swear in ceremony before I changed my mind.  The only reason for the change of heart was I wasn't happy with the job they were going to be giving me....Mechanic!
     5. I am actually a very shy person.  I know anyone who knows me well will read this and laugh, but it is true.  Once I get to know people, this lively personality that you see here comes shinning through....but before that...TORTURE! :)
     6. I despise drivers that do not use their turn signals!  I know it's a petty thing, but still...why oh why can't drivers be courteous and let the people behind them know that they are turning????
     7. My motto:  She who dies with the most books wins!  I love to read, but truthfully, I am a lover of books.  I love the way books smell.  I love to hold them and turn the pages.  I love to store them on my bookshelves.  I love to re-read my favorite ones.  I don't want to read my books on hand held electronic devises...but that's just me :) 

The second thing that I am suppose to do after being nominated is to nominate seven other blogs for this award.  So here are my nominations for the Beautiful Blogger Award:

1. Des at Life's Ambrosia. This has to be my favorite food blog! Her pictures are beautiful. Her recipes are simple and delicious. Some of my favorite recipes come from this site.

2. Tracey at Tracey's Culinary Adventures. Tracey always has fantastic looking cupcakes and other sweets on her site. Be sure to check out the recipe for Black and White Cheesecake Bars...YUM!

3. Annie at Annie's Eats. Yet another site with amazing photos.  I love her section on baby food.  While I don't have children of my own, I think it's great that she has created these recipes to share with other mothers.

4. The Sister's Cafe.  Five sisters with a love for cooking. This site has that great at home feel to it...like when you are at a party and everyone ends up hanging out in the kitchen..that's this site..the kitchen at a party :)
 
5. Bobby at Blog Chef. Great recipes, fantastic photos.  If you are a fan of Asian dishes, check out Bobby's site.  There are a ton of really yummy recipes.

6. Sarah at Redhead Recipes.  I found Sarah's site thanks to the Foodie Blogroll.  I think her photos are great, her recipes looks so yummy.  Can't wait to see what she'll post next!

7. Debbie at Mocha Me.  Another site that I just found but love.  Debbie's got some really great recipes posted.  She's a girl after my own heart..lots of tasty pasta!!!  

If you've been nominated, will you please pay it forward? Here are the guidelines:
  • Thank the person who nominated YOU.
  • Copy the award and post it you YOUR blog.
  • Link back to the person who nominated you.
  • Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
  • Nominate 7 more bloggers for this award.
  • Post your link to those 7 blogs.
Once my feet actually touch the ground again, I'll post a new recipe... so check back later today to see what it will be...Ciao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for nominating us at the Sister's Cafe!! your blog looks great - I can't wait to try out some recipes soon! Brittany

Erin said...

Thanks for nominating The Sisters' Cafe! I'm flattered that you have enjoyed our site! :) I love your Super Bowl countdown - how fun, and yummy!

Debbie said...

Thank you so much for nominating Mocha Me! I am sooo flattered! I have really enjoyed your blog and think the recipes are great!

Deseree said...

Hi Jenn! Congrats on your award and thank you so much for nominating Life's Ambrosia! That was so nice of you. I'm flattered that you consider me among your list of favorite food blogs and I am really happy to hear that you have enjoyed many of the recipes you have tried. I've been browsing your blog a bit and everything looks so great! Keep up the good work :)