Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mexican Grilled Chicken

I know, I know...grilling in December, right?  Where in the world can you actually grill on December 29th?  Well, we are fortunate enough to live in the Arizona desert where we truly can grill all year round.  Thanks to my Mom and Dad, Chris and I got a grill last year.  I used it pretty much every night from June until about the middle of October. I figured out in that time, that pretty much anything you can cook on the stove or in the oven, you can grill.  It was a summer of trying new things. Plus, when it's 110 outside, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven. Needless to say I love the grill and I love grilling.  I am the self proclaimed grill master in our house now :)  I guess what I'm trying to say is there will be plenty of grilling recipes to come!

I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website and have made it at least three times since I tried it.  It is simple and inexpensive to make due to the few ingredients it calls for.  I have made a few changes to the recipe but if you would like to see the original one, here's the link to the Taste of Home website.

Now, if you don't have a grill or your grill is hiding under a foot or more of snow, you can easily make this in the oven.  I would first sear it in a skillet, about 3-4 minutes on each side, then put it in a 375 degree oven until the juices run clear, about another 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.  Or if you don't want to sear it, just bake it.  Either way, this is a "gotta try" recipe.


Mexican Grilled Chicken
Adapted from Taste of Home


Ingredients:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons lime juice
1/2 package of taco seasoning
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the mayo, lime juice and taco seasoning until blended.  Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture.  Slather both sides of chicken with the remaining mayo mixture.  Let marinate for at least 1 hour.


Grill chicken on preheated grill until no longer pink in the middle, about 8-10 per side depending on thickness.

Serve with reserved sauce.




Oh and one more thing...I have to give a birthday shout out to my Dad.  Happy Birthday Dad! You mean the world to me (you too Mom) and know that I'll always be your "little girl" no matter what.  You truly are my hero.  I Love and miss you bunches!

No comments: