Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ending the Year with a Thank You

Happy New Year to everyone! 

As 2009 comes to a close, I am reminded of just how good of a year it was.  I reconnected with some really good friends from high school (thanks to Facebook), I successfully duplicated my Dad's famous sausage bread (oh, yes, that will be a recipe I share with you soon), I cut my financial debt in half, and I finally volunteered for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (this year the push was due to my Aunt being diagnoised with breast cancer...she's doing amazingly well now.. YAY!!!).  I could go on and on, but I won't bore you, just know it was a good year for me and I'm sorry to see it go.  Now, just becuase I say I'm sorry to see it go, that does not mean I'm not excited about the new year that is ahead of us.  There are good things in our future and I can't wait to see where we go from here!

Speaking of good things, I would like to take a moment to say thank you to Chris.  He created my header that you see at the top of this site.  Isn't it cool?  I love it.  So, thank you Chris, you amaze me still with your talent, your love and your support.  I appreciate all that you do for me and all the support you have given me, especially with my culinary adventures.  Thank you baby!

I am not going to post a recipe today.  The meal we had last night did not turn out to be all that good.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I would consider a great recipe to post.  It did give me an idea for creating my own recipes, though, so I will work with that and post it at a later date.

I hope you all have a fantastic and safe new year! I'm excited about the year ahead and hope you all check back every once in a while to see what I'm up to.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Jen! (or I should I say Jen & Julia?) ha ha --you knew that was coming.
I'll have to try the Lasagna--I have never made a real good one since Mark is so picky about ingredience but have learned to not let him watch what goes in or crank up the heat and it tastes like most others that I make.
Love the blog--keep it coming
Steph

Unknown said...

Thanks Steph! I so appreciate your encouragement!