Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Tequila Garlic Lime Steaks

Tequila?  Garlic?  Steak?  I mean, what's not to like here?  Add a Corona or Pacifico and ....mmmmm...mmmm...mmmm... watch out!  You'll be in love!  This is another recipe I happened to stumble across last summer (another of Guy's too by the way).  It's perfect by itself or slice up the steak and make fajitas with them (I've done both).  Either way, this is another must try!  As you can tell by the picture, I made a homemade steak sauce to go with it, but this steak does not need it, believe me.  It's just fine by itself. (lol, that reminds me of the movie National Lampoon's Vacation when Eddie says "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper, it does just find by itself!" hehe  Love that movie)  I even over cooked the steak...at least to my taste...and it was still fantastic!  It's almost like you can't screw it up :)

Tequila Garlic Lime Steaks
Adapted from Guy Fieri, Food Network
Ingredients:
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
juice from 5 limes
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 Tablespoon black pepper
1 1/2 lbs chuck tender steaks

Directions:
Place steaks in a resealable bag.  Pour all ingredients into the bag and seal.  Shake to combine and coat the steaks.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.

Preheat a grill to 400 degrees.  Remove steaks and discard the marinade.  Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 8-15 minutes on each side (or until cooked to your desired doneness), turning once.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

Stephen C said...

Funny, but Peter and I agree that Guy has some excellent ideas. For whatever reason, though, we've never made any of his recipes. Curious...

This looks great. Once when we went on a mini-vacation to a rented cabin in the mountains I took along our stovetop grill. We bought two large steaks, different cuts, and grilled them on it. Each one was enough for both our dinners so it was two nights of protein heaven. When I cranked up the heat under the grill and plopped the steaks onto it, Peter was alarmed at how hot the thing was. However, I had to learn by trial and error that the biggest problem with using the grill is to not get it hot enough. We ended up with wonderfully charred outsides and rare/medium rare innards. Yummo.

When the day comes that you and I cook together, you'll do the steaks on the grill and I'll do sides. Deal? This looks great (although if the steak is a good cut, I like to see some blood).