Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Grilled Chicken with Sweet and Spicy Chili Glaze

 
This has to be one of the easiest recipes I have come up with... EVER!  I mean, three ingredients?  Doesn't get much easier than that!!  I know I keep saying I just haven't had much motivation and/or inspiration in the kitchen lately, so I've just been going with it.  And this, was just one of those go with it nights.  I had something completely different planned, but just didn't feel like putting the time or effort into it... soooooo, I grabbed two of my favorite ingredients, mixed them together and came up with a pretty darn good idea, if I do say so myself :)

Grilled Chicken with Sweet and Spicy Chili Glaze
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
2 Tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce

Directions:
Mix together the sweet chili sauce and Sriracha until well combined.  Remove half of the mixture and set aside.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag and pour the remaining marinade over it.  Seal bag and refrigerate for at least two hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place chicken over fire and brush the top side with reserved chili sauce.  Grill 8-9 minutes, then flip chicken over.  Brush top side with chili sauce and continue to grill another 8-10 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Give the chicken another brush with sauce on both sides and remove from grill.  Allow to rest 3-5 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Korean Beef Stir Fry
Two Years Ago:  Carolina Style Barbecue Chicken
Three Years Ago:  Catfish with Curry Crumb Topping

6 comments:

Pam said...

Simple and delicious - I love recipes like that!

Unknown said...

have chicken... will travel... x

Big Dude said...

Looks really good Jenn and I like that little bit of extra caramelized on my chicken.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE meals with only a few ingredients - the chicken looks totally scrumptious
Mary x

Angie's Recipes said...

I love recipes with just a few ingredients. The chicken breast looks so good!

Chris said...

Simple maybe, but the results look awesome, Jenn!