Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Grilled Spicy Sweet Chicken

I've been on a bit of a Sriracha kick again.... which is definitely not a bad thing.  I've been trying to find more and more ways to use it in marinades and in sauces.  Since discovering it over 15 years ago (yep, 15 years...), it has been my absolute favorite condiment.  Only until the last several years, though, have I actually incorporated it so much into my recipes.  Seriously, the only way I used it for a long time, was by itself and only as a condiment.  Boy, oh boy, am I glad those days are behind me.  With out the experimenting, we'd never have gotten to enjoy meals like this :)

Grilled Spicy Sweet Chicken
Adapted from Bon Appetit
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Sriracha
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon mirin
1 1/2 Tablespoons strawberry jelly
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
Mix together the Sriracha, vinegar, mirin and strawberry jelly until well combined.  Rinse the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.  Place chicken in resealable plastic bag or shallow dish and pour in the marinade.  Make sure chicken is fully coated.  Seal or cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (mine sat for 2 hours).

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from marinade and place over direct heat.  Grill 8-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.  Enjoy! (served ours with a basic lemon aioli)

One Year Ago:  Grilled Steaks with Garlic Herb Cheesy Butter
Two Years Ago:  Chorizo Sliders with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Three Years Ago:  Lemon Dill Tilapia

6 comments:

Unknown said...

now I have to go and google things... and you know how lazy I am!

Cranberry Morning said...

Can't remember what kind of mirin I'm supposed to use - Helen?

Sorry, Jenn.

This recipe looks delicious and it might be the one I make for the fam this weekend. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't like it. Pinning.

Pam said...

I love cooking with sriracha but I have to be careful because it's too spicy for the kids.

This chicken looks mighty tasty!

Velva said...

I discovered sriracha about two years ago, and I have been hooked. It is an amazing combination of spicy.
Velva

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jenn, looks scrumptious! And didn't you just love Judy's mirin joke?!

Chris said...

Ha ha, Cranberry Morning, good one.

Great looking chicken, Jenn.