Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Baptized Chicken

I'm so excited - today, I do NOT have to go to work!! Yep, that's right... Our office is closed in honor of President's day... and I feel quite lucky.  I know that not everyone is as fortunate as I am to have the day off, so I won't go on and on... BUT, let me just say.. I need this day off.  It will be nice to take care of things I've been putting off and ... well... to really just have an extra day to do what I need to do for me :)

I know that I have posted a recipe for white bbq sauce before, but, trust me, this one is different enough to warrant a sort of re-post - I think both are absolutely delicious - but I like how this one is used... for some reason, dipping dredging the chicken in it before it goes on the plate, makes it seem... I don't know.. sort of naughty!!

Baptized Chicken
Adapted from Chris, Nibble Me This
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon turbinado sugar
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.  Place on a plate or in a shallow dish.  In a bowl or jar with a lid, add all the ingredients except the chicken, and stir (or shake) to combine.  Remove 3 Tablespoons of the mixture and spread/rub evenly over each piece of chicken.  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.  Cover remaining sauce and place in refrigerator.

Remove sauce from refrigerator and pour into a shallow dish/bowl.  Preheat grill to 375 degrees; clean and oil grill grates.  Place chicken over direct heat and grill 8-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove and allow to rest for 2 minutes.  Dip the chicken (both sides) into the sauce and allow to rest another 2 minutes before serving.  If there is any sauce left over, pour it on there... and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Latin Spiced Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Two Years Ago:  Pecan Lime Chicken
Three Years Ago:  Baked Asian Style Pork Chops

13 comments:

Stephen C said...

While the chicken certainly tasted marvelous, you know how I love a good name/title for a recipe. This one is priceless.

Yenta Mary said...

Ooooh, what fabulous flavors! That looks so, so good! And mazal tov on the day off - I'm so jealous! Enjoy ... :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy your day off Jenn! :)
Must say, I love the name of this chicken. Looks utterly delicious.

Pam said...

Yeah for days off! The white bbq sauce sounds really tasty and the chicken looks perfectly cooked.

Chris said...

I'm off today too but I'm only doing leftovers from the weekend. I'm taking the day off from the kitchen too.

Big Dude said...

My only venture with white BBQ sauce was from a jar and it didn't do much for me. I'll have to give a homemade version a whirl. I was lucky enough to get today off as well :-)

Vanessa @ Cakes and Teacups said...

Looks yummy Jenn, Yay for day off! :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Glad you have the day off, Jenn!! The chicken sounds delicious. How big a difference would it make if I didn't use the Creole seasoning? I know, that's kinda a biggie, isn't it.

Unknown said...

Judy - I do think the Creole seasoning is important, BUT that's not the same for these other versions of this sauce :)

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbls white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 coarse ground pepper
1 tsp spicy brown mustard or Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp horseradish

OR

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Unknown said...

lucky you with the day off!... and lucky chicken to be marinated in such luxury... I love the way yoghurt makes chicken taste like velvet... great recipe... oh and I watched The Walking Dead... how good!?!??!... OMG I can't wait for next week!

Angie's Recipes said...

The chicken breast looks really tender. I must try the greek yogurt marinade too.

Unknown said...

well... (and sorry to anyone who hasn't got a clue what Jenn and I are talking about but that's just tough...) I think Andrea is up to something... I think she's going to muscle her way to become leader of Woodbury and then get Rick and gang to come in... it's all one big mind game... shame Rick's losing his marbles though...

Unknown said...

Dom - I love hearing the thoughts of people who have not read the comic book!! I bet it makes watching the show that much more fun too! In the comic, Andrea was never at Woodbury, so this story line is new to me too. I have a feeling it's going to be interesting, if nothing else :)
And yes... Rick is quickly going off the deep end..... will he come back in time???? :)