Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Spicy Apricot Grilled Chicken

While trying to come up with ideas on how to use up the apricot preserves I purchased, I stumbled across this recipe on Grilling.com.  OMG, can you say yum?  I mean, never mind how good the chicken wings actually looked, but the list of ingredients was right up my alley.  All the flavors I use and love so often.... just mixed with some apricot preserves.  Although, I continued my search for ideas for a little while longer, I knew, without a doubt, this would be the one I would make.  And it did not disappoint!!

Spicy Apricot Grilled Chicken
Adapted from Grilling.com
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken, until well combined.  Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.  Place chicken in resealable bag or shallow dish and pour marinade over.  Seal bag and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from marinade and discard.  Place the chicken over direct heat and grill 8-10 minutes per side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Pistachio Crusted Tilapia
Two Years Ago:  Jamaican-Spiced Chicken
Three Years Ago:  Super Bowl Count Down.. Take Three: Chili

9 comments:

Stephen C said...

Note to self: must use orange marmalade in the fridge to make this recipe.

Yenta Mary said...

Sweet, spicy ... sigh. Chicken and apricots were born to be together - a classic combination!

Lea Ann said...

i'm always trying to smear preserves on chicken to use up jars in my fridge. It turns out just "ok". I like this recipe of adding some worcestershire and mustard. Now that brings it up a level.

Debbie said...

Oh, this sounds good to me...have a great weekend!

Cranberry Morning said...

Absolutely delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you - this is dinner tonight!
Mary x

Pam said...

Great combination of flavors! The chicken looks amazing.

Angie's Recipes said...

Love this sweet and spicy marinade..the chicken looks delish.

Chris said...

That is going on my "try soon" list! Grilling.com is a great resource if I do say so myself!