Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Easy Summer Veggie Pasta

Unfortunately, I think the pictures may make this pasta look a tiny bit dry.  But let me tell you... it was not.  It was perfectly tasty and wonderful.  The garlic and herb cheese spread used here just adds that perfect creaminess to the pasta without adding a lot of heaviness like a thick cheese sauce would.  This truly is a very easy summer dish.

And, just because you know I love to use the same ingredients in different dishes - I mean it saves money and you waste less food - stop by tomorrow when I help you use up some of the rest of the cheese in a completely different type of dish.

Easy Summer Veggie Pasta
Adapted from Cook's Country
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
10 oz ziti pasta
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4" thick
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups cherubs or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
3 Tablespoons Boursin garlic and herb cheese
1 cooked chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
salt and pepper

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water; set aside.

Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray.  Over medium (or medium low) heat, add the zucchini and saute for 2 minutes.  Add the yellow pepper and continue sauteing another 2 minutes.  Add the cherry tomatoes and let cook another 2-3 minutes or just until the tomatoes are heated through.  Remove from heat and add to cooked pasta along with the cooked chicken.  Stir in the cheese.  Toss to combine.  If pasta is too dry, add reserved pasta water.  Serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Potatoes with Lima Bean Gravy
Two Years Ago:  Pork Paillards

11 comments:

StephenC said...

As lovely as this pasta dish is, I am fascinated that today is the one-year anniversary of the great lima bean gravy experiment. How odd that I don't even remember the gravy idea, CRS.

Big Dude said...

Boursin makes about everything better

Angie's Recipes said...

I had some pasta with veggies for the lunch too. Yours looks very delicious.

Pam said...

Ummm! This sounds great----good and easy too! I get that with the photo making the dish look dry--I don't think yours does, but many times, I think mine do, when they really aren't! :-)

Cranberry Morning said...

Yummy, yummy! And my grape tomatoes are just beginning to ripen! :-)

Debra Hawkins said...

Oh my yummy! I love that you have something new everyday. You must be experimenting all the time!

Kathleen said...

Love this combo! I also like that its a sauce thats quick to make. Delicious and quick-perfect!

Mary said...

This looks wonderful! I adore vegetable pastas.

Pam said...

It doesn't look dry at all... it looks AWESOME!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

I love veggie pasta (just posted my favorite pasta salad)! This sounds great, and it doesn't look the least bit dry. Looks perfect. My husband doesn't like oversauced pasta.

Chris said...

It doesn't look dry to me. But I do love me a cheese sauce. They aren't heavy, they're my brother(s).