Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken

This dish was inspired by a recipe I saw on Lea Ann's site for Sweet Chili Mustard Chicken Salad.  It looked sooooo good and I just love sweet chili sauce.  I love it even more that I have learned how to make it myself.  Who needs store bought when making it is so incredibly easy and inexpensive?  (I have Andrea The Kitchen Witch to thank for that recipe!)

Simple, delicious, and so very easy.  This is another great meal for those busy week nights!

Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken
Inspired by Lea Ann, Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons homemade sweet chili sauce
2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the sauce -
1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon homemade sweet chili sauce
1 Tablespoon Sriracha

Directions:
In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the homemade sweet chili sauce, pineapple sauce, soy sauce, and Dijon.  Sit until well combined.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag or shallow dish and pour marinade over.  Seal/cover and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

Meanwhile, to make the sauce.  Mix mayo, homemade sweet chili sauce and Sriracha in a small bowl until well combined.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.  Can be made up to three days in advance.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place the chicken directly over the fire and grill 6-9 minutes per side or until the chicken registers an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to sit for 3 minutes.  Serve with sauce.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Spicy Grilled Pork Chops with Mango Pineapple Salsa
Two Years Ago:  Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

11 comments:

Becki's Whole Life said...

Sounds yummy...I have two bottles of sweet chili sauce and I don't use it enough. I love the sweet salty flavors with this chicken and that sauce sounds perfect!

Cranberry Morning said...

I've missed these delicious recipes, Jenn! Just a minute ago I recommended your apricot mustard sauce to someone (with your blog name attached). She had asked what I use for chicken and I told her that I simply scan my files for something from Jenn. :-)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Sweet chili that looks good! Perfect use up for left over chili sauce - or a great excuse to make a fresh batch :) The pineapple juice really makes me want to try this one - I'm on a bit of a pineapple kick :)

Pam said...

Sounds great to me! Love the unique sauce mixing chili sauce and mustard. It's perfect for your chicken!

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, a recipe for sweet chili sauce?! Thanks! (and thanks, Andrea too!) I'll be trying that one soon. This chicken sounds delicious!

Pam said...

I am loving the combination of flavors in the marinade and the sauce... it looks fantastic Jenn!

Donna Elick said...

This sounds delicious! We eat a lot of chicken and are always looking for delicious recipes! Love the pineapple in there. Sweet and spicy is a favorite combination around here.

Candace said...

Sweet chili sauce is soooo yummy! This looks fantastic, Jenn!

Lea Ann said...

Always fun to see someone try one of my recipes! What I love most about this is that you make your own chili sauce. I'm trying to wean myself off store bought bottled sauces that clog up my refrigerator door for months on end. I'll definitely be giving this one a try. And thanks for the shout out! So glad I found your blog, I'm really enjoying all of the wonderful recipes you post here Jenn.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Good God. This looks beyond beyond delish. And the sauce is so up my alley. I find low fat mayo to be the unsung hero of the condiment/sauce/random ingredient world.

Chris said...

Oy! I love this, Jenn. The sauce is the boss!