Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mahi-Mahi with Seafood Dry Rub

I haven't been posting a lot of fish recipes lately.... mainly because I haven't come up with anything new and excited.  BUT, that little rut is gone... and not only am I back with a fish recipe, but I'm highlighting a fish you have not seen on my blog before.. Mahi-Mahi - which is actually one of my all time favorite fishes!!  And, I have come to find out, is also one of Chris'.  Funny that I can still learn things about him after 6 years together :)

Anyway, I found this dry rub recipe on Grilling.com and although I changed it up just a tiny, tiny bit, it was pretty darn good.  I've actually made fish a couple times since I made this, and at least twice, I've used the rub again.  It's perfect!  I served this with a simple lemon aioli... and well.. the meal just sort of speaks for itself!!

Mahi-Mahi with Seafood Dry Rub
Adapted from Grilling.com
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon tarragon
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 Mahi-Mahi fillets

Directions:
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together all the ingredients, except the fish, until well combined.  Sprinkle evenly and liberally over both sides of each piece of fish (you will more than likely have leftover dry rub... but that's okay, you'll want to save it for the next time you make fish, trust me).

On the stove top, heat a grill pan to medium.  Place the fish in the grill pan and cover.  Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Double check the heat, you might need to turn it down.. just don't burn it!  Remove from pan and serve immediately.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  I'll be back....
Two Years Ago:  Spur of the Moment Pasta
Three Years Ago:  Basic White Bread

9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Okay, after all this time of printing and/or pinning your recipes, I finally just made a whole Pinterest board named, 'Jenn's Recipes,' starting with this one! Looks fantastic and when I can track down Mahi Mahi, I'm making it!

Pam said...

Way to go, Jenn! This sounds great for Mahi Mahi! I like the blend of spices, and no cumin, nor curry! I'll be trying it since we're eating a lot of fish now!

Unknown said...

I adore Mahi Mahi but it's not easy or cheap to get here in the UK... not impossible but it's not an everyday fish... the rub however I think would work with quite a few fish so I must give this a go!

Pam said...

The rub sounds terrific and perfect on the fish. Your aioli sauces are always amazing.

Big Dude said...

I'm not sure if we've ever cooked mahi-mahi at home, but I need to. Your dry rub sounds very good and I would also have cut way back on the sugar (probably to zero)

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

Thank you for this recipe. Always looking for fish ideas. The rub sounds very flavorful. Pinned.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

I don't cook fish very often, but next time I do I think I'll try this rub!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so delicious my mouth is watering!! fish can be so dull and everyday boring - you've come up with the perfect antidote!!
Mary x

Chris said...

Trevor loves mahi mahi, I need to make this for him. I know he would love it.