Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ancho Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Avocado Salsa

This is one of those recipes I have been wanting to try for a while now, but for some reason, got lost in the shuffle.  With me being on a major avocado kick lately, it of course, found it's way to the front line and as always, I'm so glad I finally made it.  Honestly, I could eat the salsa all by itself and be happy, but the pork does add a little something to it, for sure!!  :)  Not a pork fan?  No problem, this would go great with chicken or fish too.  Heck, try it with steak.. I bet it would be perfect with just about anything!!

Ancho Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Avocado Salsa
Adapted from Life's Ambrosia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 Avocado, pitted, removed from skin and diced
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
the zest and juice from 1 lime
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped Basil
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
olive oil
2-4 boneless pork loin chops

Directions:
Combine diced avocado, tomato, lime juice and basil in a bowl.  Gently stir to combine.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

In another bowl, combine chili powder, salt, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder and oregano.  Place pork chops on a plate and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.  Sprinkle both sides with the spice mixture, cover and let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator.  Remove pork 10 minutes before grilling and allow to sit at room temperature.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Place the pork over direct heat and grill 4-8 minutes per side or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.  Remove and allow to rest for 3 minutes.

Place pork on plate and top with salsa.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Chicken Breasts with Grapefruit Glaze
Two Years Ago:  BLT Pizza
Three Years Ago:  Baked Catfish with Firecracker Sauce

9 comments:

We Are Not Martha said...

I'm always on an avocado kick and this salsa looks perfect on a pork chop!

Sues

Unknown said...

love the sound of that rub, I bet it has wonderfully deep undertones and as for the avocado, well, yes, I too am always in avocado heaven!

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

I've got a container of Ancho chili powder that's not been used for awhile. Sounds great Jenn.

Pam said...

Sounds like my kind of pork chop! YUM.

Pam said...

The ancho chili powder got my attention so this is a must try with the salsa, minus the cumin, a taste I haven't acquired yet. :)

Big Dude said...

Sounds delicious Jenn and I like the color of the chops.

Cranberry Morning said...

Pinned it to my 'Jenn's Recipes' pinterest board! I made chili rub pork chops just last night, actually. This time I baked them 350 for 45 minutes and although my thermometer read 160!! degrees, they were really moist inside. Crazy. I will most definitely use this recipe next time we have pork chops. :-)

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks simply delightful!

Chris said...

Spectacular! I love the color and texture avocado salsa adds, just perfect.