Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Creamy Italian Dressing

You probably have noticed that I've been posting very simple recipes lately.  I mean really, really, REALLY simple recipes.  Some may say I'm lazy, others may say I'm unimaginative (someone actually emailed me and told me that, can you believe that??), but who the hell cares?  I mean, it's my journey.. if I want simple and easy.. so be it!!

Okay, I might be feeling just a bit feisty this week, but nonetheless... it is a pretty darn simple recipe.... which I HAVE been doing a lot of lately, not because I'm lazy (okay, maybe I have been a tiny bit lazy these last few weeks) and not because I'm unimaginative (okay, maybe I have been a tiny bit unimaginative these past two weeks, but so what..happens to everyone), but because I have been tired every single night and uninspired every other night.  And when those two things come together... well, something has to give.....

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it :)

Creamy Italian Dressing
Adapted from Food Network Magazine
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon sour cream
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions:
Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.  If dressing is too thick, add a bit more olive oil (but no more than 1 Tablespoon more).  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  Can be made up to 5 days in advance.  Serve over your favorite salad.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Tomato Basil Pasta with Tuna
Two Years Ago:  Sweet Soy Garlic Sauce
Three years Ago:  Sugar Ray's Body Blow Ribs

9 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

I just don't understand the folks who take time out of their days to criticize - I get 'em on AnnArbor.com for the stupidest reasons! Go build a Habitat house or go serve food at a soup kitchen, if you've got so much time on your hands! Okay, done ranting for now. The simple recipes are wonderful - they're inviting, in that everyone can make them. They show us that you can still make a nice meal with special touches even if you're busy, you're tired, you don't have special equipment, whatever. And we need reminders that even something as simple as a fresh salad dressing can make us feel accomplished because we made it ourselves ... :)

Big Dude said...

I hadn't noticed but since you mention it, I'd say you're just wise beyond your years for using KISS :-).

Unknown said...

always good to have a classic dressing to turn to... regardless of simplicity, someone has to make them!

StephenC said...

If you don't get busy on that book ... oh, none of my business. All you have to do is cough up three plus years of blog material. Come on, girl, quit your job and write. LOL

Angie's Recipes said...

Simple and delicious..I like it!
Have a relaxing and delicious weekend, Jenn.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Making a simple salad dressing is not lazy and uninspired - now if you were using bottled dressing (why does anyone use bottled dressing?) ... But we all have days when we have to keep it simple - this making the food, staging the food, photographing the food, writing about the food is WORK (and more often than not, UNPAID work)! Not complaining, just sayin'.

Unknown said...

What's wrong with simple?! I like simple recipes - especially for one of those tiring days.
I think this is a fab dressing!

Lea Ann said...

Get OUT?! Someone emailed you about what you post. Gimme a break. I'm thrilled to have this recipe. A long time ago I had a fabulous Creamy Italian dressing and have never tried to find one or make my own. I'll be trying this one soon. Pinned.

Chris said...

Imagine that! (snicker)

I've never made a creamy vinaigrette before, it sounds awesome.